|A Deadly Game|
|Released||8th March 2013|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Innocence Lost||The Secret Experiments|
A Deadly Game is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the twentieth case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Financial Center, a district based in Grimsborough.
Tyler was a psychopath and wanted to kill someone. He knew that Steve lived in a homeless camp in Cooperville and that he had recently got out of prison, and therefore, Tyler took full advantage of it. He told Steve that he would help him to get back on his feet. The two met and Tyler took Steve to a creepy basement, where he tortured the victim, cut off his fingers, ripped out and ate his liver, and finally killed him using an iron maiden, an old torture instrument. He then spread the fingers in different locations before the team found Steve's body (for Nathan to autopsy) in the torture basement in the last minute.
Tyler's manner of manslaughter horrified Grimsborough anew, and the Judge sentenced him to life imprisonment with no chance for parole.
- Steve Wood (got his fingers cut off before finally dying at the hands of a sadistic torturer)
- Iron Maiden
- Tyler McAlister
- The killer eats caviar.
- The killer takes sleeping pills.
- The killer uses formol.
- The killer has blond hair.
- The killer wears a tie.
- Analyze Finger. (06:00:00; Available after unlocking Chapter 1; Attribute: The killer eats caviar)
- Investigate Vagrant Shelter. (Available after unlocking Chapter 1; Clues: Dirt Pile, Locked Box, Finger #2)
- Examine Dirt Pile. (Result: Button)
- Examine Button. (Result: DNA)
- Analyze DNA. (00:30:00; New Suspect: Lennie Adams)
- Talk to Lennie Adams. (Prerequisite: DNA analyzed)
- Examine Locked Box. (Result: Note)
- Examine Note. (Result: Revealed Note; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Creepy Basement)
- Investigate Creepy Basement. (Prerequisite: Note revealed; Clues: Necklace with Leash, Finger #3)
- Analyze Finger #3. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer uses formol)
- Examine Necklace with Leash. (Result: Jezabela's Engraving; New Suspect: Jezabela)
- Talk to Jezabela. (Prerequisite: Jezabela's Engraving deciphered; New Suspect: Harper McAlister)
- Talk to Harper McAlister. (Prerequisite: Jezabela interrogated)
- Victim identified: Steve Wood (All tasks before must be done first)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Living Room. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Medicine Cabinet)
- Examine Medicine Cabinet. (Result: Bottle)
- Examine Bottle. (Result: Formol Bottle)
- Talk to Tyler McAlister. (Prerequisite: Formol Bottle deciphered; Profiles updated: Tyler eats caviar and uses formol, Harper uses formol)
- Talk to Harper McAlister. (Prerequisite: Tyler interrogated; Profile updated: Harper eats caviar)
- Investigate Torture Table. (Prerequisite: Formol Bottle deciphered; Clues: Caviar Spoon, Torn Cover, Finger #4, Iron Maiden)
- Examine Caviar Spoon. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Examine Fingerprints. (Result: Jezabela's Fingerprints)
- Talk to Jezabela. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints identified; Profile updated: Jezabela eats caviar)
- Examine Torn Cover. (Result: "The Human Burger Theory" Book; New Suspect: Nelson Campbell)
- Talk to Nelson Campbell. (Prerequisite: Book Cover restored; Profile updated: Nelson eats caviar)
- Examine Finger #4. (Result: Hair)
- Analyze Hair. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has blond hair and takes sleeping pills)
- Analyze Iron Maiden. (06:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Iron Maiden)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- Investigate Broken Car. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Jarred Finger, Pills, Torn Card)
- Examine Torn Card. (Result: Nelson Campbell's Business Card)
- Talk to Nelson Campbell. (Prerequisite: Business Card restored)
- Talk to Tyler McAlister. (Prerequisite: Nelson interrogated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Couch)
- Investigate Couch. (Clue: Empty Glass)
- Analyze Glass. (00:30:00)
- Talk to Harper McAlister. (Prerequisite: Glass analyzed; Profiles updated: Harper takes sleeping pills, Tyler takes sleeping pills)
- Examine Sleeping Pills. (Result: Lennie Adams' Sleeping Pills; Profile updated: Lennie takes sleeping pills)
- Talk to Lennie Adams. (Profile updated: Label on Sleeping Pills deciphered)
- Investigate Creepy Basement. (All tasks before must be done first; Clue: Victim's Body)
- Autopsy The Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: Killer wears a tie)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Check up on Lennie Adams. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Vagrant Shelter. (Prerequisite: Lennie interrogated; Clue: Earth Pile)
- Examine Earth Pile. (Result: Gold Watch)
- Examine Gold Watch. (Result: Lennie's Watch)
- Give his gold watch back to Lennie Adams. (Prerequisite: Lennie's Watch identified; Reward: 100 XP)
- Check that Harper McAlister is doing ok. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Living Room. (Prerequisite: Harper interrogated; Clue: Prescription Bottle)
- Examine Prescription Bottle. (Result: Pills)
- Analyze Pills. (03:00:00)
- Give her pills to Harper McAlister. (Prerequisite: Pills analyzedReward: Burger)
- See why Jezabela wants to see you. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Creepy Basement. (Prerequisite: Jezabela interrogated; Clue: Torn Painting)
- Examine Torn Painting. (Result: Jezabela's Lithography)
- Give her lithography back to Jezabela. (Prerequisite: Lithography restored; Reward: [MALE] Leather Cloth, Spike Choker, [FEMALE] Whip, Leather Outfit)
- Move on to the next case! (1 star)
- This is the only case in Grimsborough in which the victim's body is not found in the first chapter.
- This case, Corpse in a Garden, The Secret Experiments and A Brave New World are the only cases in Grimsborough in which the victim's body is not found in the first crime scene.
- This is the only case in the Financial Center in which neither the suspects nor the victim make an appearance as a suspect in previous or later cases.
- Unlike all other cases in the Financial Center, with the exception of unlocking the next case, you are not required to have stars to unlock the later chapters, up to and including the Additional Investigation.
- This case and A Shot of Beauty are the only cases of Grimsborough that require stars only to unlock the next case, aside from normal star usage. No stars are required to advance in between chapters.
- In Jezabela's Lithography puzzle it shows the historical picture of Vlad III the Impaler.
- The cover picture of the "Human Burger Theory" book is the famous painting Saturn Devouring His Son by Spanish artist Francisco Goya.