|Anatomy of a Murder|
|Initial release date||19th April 2013|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|The Final Journey||The Ghost of Grimsborough|
Anatomy of a Murder is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the twenty-fourth case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Historical Center, a district based in Grimsborough.
Since the people were more interested in Wilfred's books, they had stopped coming to the museum. Without visitors, Cornelia had to sell from museum badges for money and to keep the museum alive. At last, she could not take it anymore, and after watching Wilfred get beaten up by James Savage, Cornelia took the opportunity and killed the writer with a skinning knife, then taxidermied him, and put him on display to get everyone's attention back to the museum.
Cornelia was sentenced to life in jail for the murder of Wilfred.
- Wilfred Turnscrew (taxidermied and put on display in the museum)
- Skinning Knife
- Cornelia Trent
- The killer loves theater.
- The killer has sewing skills.
- The killer suffers from heartburn.
- The killer wears a badge.
- The killer has green eyes.
- Investigate Museum Exhibition. (Clue: Victim's Body; Victim identified: Wilfred Turnscrew)
- Autopsy The Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer has sewing skills)
- Investigate Museum Exhibition. (Prerequisite: Museum Exhibition investigated the first time; Clues: Torn Photo, Exhibit Label; New Suspect: Margaret Littlewood)
- Assuage Margaret Littlewood. (Prerequisite: Museum Exhibition investigated the second time)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Pamphlet; New Suspect: Cornelia Trent)
- Question the museum curator about the exhibition. (Prerequisite: Pamphlet restored; New Crime Scene Unlocked; Taxidermy Showroom)
- Investigate Taxidermy Showroom. (Clue: Fountain Pen)
- Examine Fountain Pen. (Result: Wilfred's Name; New Suspect: Mortimer Mutlog)
- Quiz the taxidermist about the victim visiting his shop. (Prerequisite: Wilfred's Name deciphered on Fountain Pen)
- Examine Exhibit Label. (Result: Quote)
- Analyze Quote. (00:30:00; Attribute: The killer loves theater)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Examine Bug. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Result: Spiritus Raptora; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Overgrown Garden; New Suspect: Stanley Turnscrew)
- Hear what Stanley wants to say about his brother's death. (Prerequisite: Spirtius Raptora identified; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Trophy Room; Profile updated: Mortimer has sewing skills)
- Investigate Trophy Room. (Clues: Doctor Faustus, Chest; Profile updated: Mortimer loves theater)
- Examine Chest. (Result: Libel Suit)
- Talk to the taxidermist about his attempt to sue the victim.
- Investigate Overgrown Garden. (Clues: Piece of Cardboard, Paw Print)
- Examine Piece of Cardboard. (Result: Barcode)
- Analyze Barcode. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer suffers from heartburn)
- Examine Paw Print. (Result: Husky Paw Print)
- Ask Margaret if she knows who the husky belongs to. (Prerequisite: Husky Paw Print identified; New Suspect: James Savage; Profiles updated: Margaret loves theater, James has sewing skills and loves theater)
- Question the hunter about being present on the murder scene. (Prerequisite: Margaret interrogated)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Find out whether the museum curator has any extra information. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Exhibit Display; Profile updated: Cornelia has sewing skills, loves theater, and suffers from heartburn)
- Investigate Exhibit Display. (Clue: Skinning Knife)
- Examine Skinning Knife. (Result: Knife's Serial Number)
- Analyze Knife's Serial Number. (00:30:00; Murder Weapon registered: Skinning Knife)
- Detain the hunter after finding his knife in the museum. (Prerequisite: Knife's Serial Number analyzed; Profile updated: James suffers from heartburn)
- Investigate Junk Heap. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Broken Box, Shirt)
- Examine Broken Box. (Result: Stanley's Diorama; Profile updated: Stanley loves theater and has sewing skills)
- Quiz Stanley about his presence at the murder scene. (Prerequisite: Stanley's Diorama restored)
- Analyze Sewing Needle. (Prerequisite: Stanley interrogated; 06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has green eyes)
- Examine Shirt. (Result: Symbol; Attribute: The killer wears a badge)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (1 star)
- Talk to Stanley Turnscrew. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Museum Exhibition. (Prerequisite: Stanley interrogated; Clue: Broken Sculpture)
- Examine Broken Sculpture. (Result: Sculpture)
- Tell the good news to Stanley Turnscrew. (Prerequisite: Sculpture restored; Reward: 200 XP)
- Ask Mortimer Mutlog for advice. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Taxidermy Showroom. (Prerequisite: Mortimer interrogated; Clue: Sewing Basket)
- Examine Sewing Basket. (Result: Thimble)
- Give back his thimble to Mortimer Mutlog. (Prerequisite: Thimble found; Reward: Chapka, Padded Jacket)
- Apologize to James Savage. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Overgrown Garden. (Prerequisite: James interrogated; Clue: Dog Dish)
- Examine Dog Dish. (Result: Blue Residue)
- Analyze Blue Residue. (03:00:00)
- Explain the poison problem to James Savage. (Prerequisite: Blue Residue analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime! (3 stars)
- The title of this case may be a reference to the Castle episode of the same.
- In the "Exhibit Display" crime scene, Grumpy Cat can be seen.
- The broken sculpture Stanley Turnscrew requires the player to fix during the Additional Investigation is a tribute to Michelangelo's David.
- In the "Trophy Room" crime scene:
- A poster of Magical Ride (another game by Pretty Simple) can be seen in the "Overgrown Garden" crime scene.