|Initial release date||4th June 2015|
|Partner(s)||Amy Young (All Chapters)|
Andrea Marquez (The Big Heist 4)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Death by Martini||No Honor Among Thieves|
Blood Diamond is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the one-hundred tenth case of the game and the fifty-fourth case of Pacific Bay. It is the fourth case to take place in Paradise City, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Previously on Criminal Case, Chief Marquez suggested that Amy Young and the player keep tabs on Merv Waylon due to his possible connections to the heist crew targeting the Mennagio Casino. They attempted to pin something on Merv, only to find him pinned to a motel wall with knives. Roxie Sparks said that Merv was tortured to death off-screen; only afterwards was he actually stabbed to death with throwing knives. It was soon revealed that Merv was tortured at the basement of the Mennagio Casino. As a result, the player had to treat Eugenia Hestentrope, who repeatedly consulted the team regarding the safety of her casino, as a suspect.
During the investigation, Hannah Choi found out that Sheikh Faisal was also a con since he was a failed actor in Ivywood, who took the persona of a rich Sheikh. Soon enough, Faisal was incriminated by the player as Merv's killer. Initially claiming to have diplomatic immunity from criminal prosecution on foreign soil, Amy and the player reminded the fake Sheikh that they had already known about his identity—even asking him to verify—before his arrest. Eventually, he revealed that he killed Merv for the diamonds the gun dealer had.
The moment Papa Quansah landed in Paradise City, Faisal targeted him so that he could commence a gun smuggling operation for the Middle East, until Merv beat Faisal for the diamonds. Wanting the diamonds for his Sheikh persona, Faisal tortured Merv so that he would surrender the diamonds to him, but Merv was very protective of the diamonds. Amy felt that this would be of use in court, so the player shipped Faisal to face Judge Dante.
Judge Dante wanted to know why Faisal was innocent of the finger cutting (per Roxie's report) that happened in the Mennagio Casino, but all Faisal wanted to know was where the diamonds were. Faisal placed a lot of hard work to ensure that his Sheikh persona benefited him financially and physically much to the chagrin of Merv beating Faisal for the diamonds. Judge Dante had heard enough, so he sentenced the faux Sheikh to 30 years in jail.
An investigation audit concluded that Merv himself was responsible for the aforementioned finger cutting to prevent him from giving the diamonds back to Quansah, clearing him of the torture charges brought against him. Meanwhile, Chief Marquez questioned Louis De Rico about the impending heist about to take place in the Mennagio Casino, a feat that was confirmed to be true after Hannah's findings about his list that included materials used for a heist operation. The team took its time to warn Eugenia about her fears being true, prompting Chief Marquez to have Frank Knight join the player in stopping the heist.
- Merv Waylon (found pinned to a motel wall with knives)
- Throwing Knives
- Sheikh Faisal
- The killer throws knives.
- The killer plays blackjack.
- The killer listens to country music.
- The killer wears a Gun Con badge.
- The killer wears a gold chain.
- Investigate Motel Balcony. (Clues: Victim's Briefcase, Door Hanger, Victim's Body; Victim identified: Merv Waylon)
- Examine Victim's Briefcase. (Result: Motel Matchbox; New Suspect: Louis De Rico)
- Ask Louis De Rico about meeting with the victim. (Prerequisite: Motel Matchbox found; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Convention Hall)
- Investigate Convention Hall. (Prerequisite: Louis interrogated; Clues: Crate of Weapons, Broken Pieces)
- Examine Crate of Weapons. (Result: Unknown Woman)
- Examine Unknown Woman. (New Suspect: Mary-Lou Waylon)
- Inform Mary-Lou Waylon about her brother’s death. (Prerequisite: Unknown Woman identified)
- Examine Broken Pieces. (Result: Wooden Statue)
- Analyze Wooden Statue. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Papa Quansah)
- Talk to Papa Quansah about the statue he gave to the victim. (Prerequisite: Wooden Statue analyzed)
- Examine Door Hanger. (Result: Message)
- Analyze Message. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer plays blackjack)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Throwing Knives; Attribute: The killer throws knives)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Basement. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: CCTV, Broken Device)
- Examine CCTV. (Result: CCTV Footage)
- Analyze CCTV Footage. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Eugenia Hestentrope)
- Ask Eugenia Hestentrope about her conversation with the victim. (Prerequisite: CCTV Footage analyzed)
- Examine Broken Device. (Result: Turntable)
- Analyze Turntable. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer listens to country music)
- Investigate Convention Stand. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Torn Book, Motel Note, Trash Can)
- Examine Torn Book. (Result: Victim’s Diary; New Suspect: Sheikh Faisal)
- Talk to Sheikh Faisal about the meeting he had with the victim. (Prerequisite: Victim’s Diary restored)
- Examine Motel Note. (Result: Notice of Eviction)
- Ask Mary-Lou Waylon why she was evicted from the motel. (Prerequisite: Notice of Eviction unraveled)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Bloody Finger)
- Analyze Bloody Finger. (12:00:00)
- Question Papa Quansah about the victim’s severed finger. (Prerequisite: Bloody Finger analyzed)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Expose Sheikh Faisal as an impostor. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3)
- Investigate Basement Shelves. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Locked Phone, Torture Items)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Victim’s Phone)
- Analyze Victim’s Phone. (09:00:00)
- Ask Louis De Rico about his dealings with the victim. (Prerequisite: Victim’s Phone analyzed)
- Examine Torture Items. (Result: Bulletproof Vest)
- Examine Bulletproof Vest. (Result: Victim’s Message)
- Ask Eugenia Hestentrope why the victim gave her the bulletproof vest. (Prerequisite: Victim’s Message unraveled)
- Investigate Room Entrance. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Pile of Magazines, Locked Briefcase)
- Examine Pile of Magazines. (Result: Practice Target)
- Analyze Practice Target. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a Gun Con badge)
- Examine Locked Briefcase. (Result: Briefcase)
- Examine Briefcase. (Result: Yellow Powder)
- Analyze Yellow Powder. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a gold chain)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to The Big Heist: Part 4. (No stars)
The Big Heist: Part 4
- Investigate Basement. (Available after unlocking The Big Heist; Clue: Knife)
- Examine Knife. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (06:00:00)
- Release Papa Quansah from custody. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed; Reward: Soldier Equipment)
- Investigate Convention Hall. (Available after unlocking The Big Heist; Clue: Locked Briefcase)
- Examine Locked Briefcase. (Result: List of Items)
- Analyze List of Items. (09:00:00)
- Talk to Louis about the upcoming heist. (Prerequisite: List of Items analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Motel Balcony. (All tasks before must be done first; Clue: Motel Basket)
- Examine Motel Basket. (Result: Torn Document)
- Examine Torn Document. (Result: Blueprint)
- Analyze Blueprint. (06:00:00)
- Warn Eugenia about the heist’s target. (Prerequisite: Blueprint analyzed; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case's title may come from "blood diamond", which refers to a diamond mined in a warfield.
- The case's title may also be a reference to Blood Diamond, a 2006 American-German political war thriller film.