|Burned to the Bone|
|Initial release date||15th November 2012|
|Partner(s)||David Jones (All Chapters)|
Eduardo Ramirez (Additional Investigation)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Beautiful No More||Under the Knife|
Burned to the Bone is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the ninth case of the game as well as in the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Industrial Area, a district based in Grimsborough.
During his arrest, Joe started by claiming that the Vipers would often stop by to vandalize his mini-market, causing an animosity between him and the gang. One day Chad came by, asking Joe for a job in his mini-market. This infuriated Joe, since Chad happened to be a member of the Vipers. Showing no mercy, Joe opted to decimate the gang member – by pouring gasoline on him and burning him to death with his cigarettes.
Judge Hall sentenced Joe to a minimum of 20 years in jail.
- Chad Whickman (found burnt to a crisp on a disused parking lot)
- Joe Stern
- The killer wears blue clothes.
- The killer has dandruff.
- The killer wears sport shoes.
- The killer smokes.
- The killer is six feet tall.
- Investigate Parking Lot. (Clues: Victim's Body, Crumpled Note; Victim identified: Chad Whickman)
- Autopsy the Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attributes: The killer wears blue clothes and has dandruff; Murder Weapon registered: Gasoline)
- Examine Crumpled Note. (Result: Address; New Suspect: Rose Cassidy)
- Ask the woman if she knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Address deciphered; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Studio; New Suspect: Troy Cassidy)
- Interrogate the victim's brother-in-law. (Prerequisite: Rose interrogated; Profile updated: Troy is a smoker)
- Investigate Studio. (Prerequisite: Rose interrogated; Clue: Torn Letter; Profile updated: Rose is a smoker)
- Examine Torn Letter. (Result: Letter)
- Ask the victim's girlfriend about a love letter from another lover. (Prerequisite: Letter restored; New Suspect: Big Baby)
- Question the Viper his love from the victim's girlfriend. (Prerequisite: Rose interrogated after restoring Letter)
- Go to Chapter 2. (2 stars)
- Find out why the victim's girlfriend needs to talk to us. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2)
- Examine Job Advert. (Prerequisite: Rose interrogated; Result: Job ID Number)
- Analyze Job ID Number. (00:30:00; New Suspect: Joe Stern)
- Talk to the Mini-market Manager about a job application from the victim. (Prerequisite: Job ID Number analyzed; New Crime Scene: Aisles)
- Investigate Aisles. (Prerequisite: Joe interrogated; Clue: Trash Can)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Job Application; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Kitchen)
- Investigate Kitchen. (Prerequisite: Job Application found)
- Question the Skulls' gang leader about the murder. (Prerequisite: Kitchen investigated; New Suspect: Salvador Cordero)
- Question the Vipers' gang leader about over his pyromaniacal tendencies. (Prerequisite: Troy interrogated; Profile: Salvador is a smoker)
- Investigate Old Security Post. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Partial Shoeprint, Cigarette Butt)
- Analyze Partial Shoeprint. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears sport shoes; Profiles updated: Rose wears sport shoes, Troy wears sport shoes, Big Baby wears sport shoes)
- Examine Cigarette Butt. (Result: Molecule Sample)
- Analyze Molecule Sample. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer smokes)
- Find out why the Viper is at the murder scene. (Prerequisite: Old Security Post investigated; Profile updated: Big Baby is a smoker)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Profiles updated: Salvador wears sport shoes, Joe wears sport shoes
- Talk to the Mini-market Manager about his hatred of the Vipers' gang. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; New Crime Scene: Check-out Counter; Profile updated: Joe is a smoker)
- Investigate Check-out Counter. (Prerequisite: Joe interrogated; Clue: Broken Tape)
- Examine Broken Tape. (Result: CCTV Footage)
- Analyze CCTV Footage. (06:00:00)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (2 stars)
- Check-up on the victim's girlfriend to see how she's coping. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Studio. (Prerequisite: Rose interrogated; Clue: Plastic Bag)
- Examine Plastic Bag. (Result: Torn Poem)
- Examine Torn Poem. (Result: Poem)
- Give the victim's girlfriend her poem back. (Prerequisite: Poem restored; Reward: Open Locket)
- Find out if the Viper has been vandalizing the Parking Lot. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Parking Spaces. (Prerequisite: Big Baby interrogated; Clues: Spray Paint Bottle, Graffiti)
- Examine Spray Paint Bottle. (Result: Fingerprint)
- Analyze Fingerprint. (03:00:00)
- Bust the Viper for his graffiti. (Prerequisite: Fingerprint analyzed; Reward: 5,000 Coins)
- Question the Viper gang leader about his trying to break into mini-market. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Aisles. (Prerequisite: Salvador interrogated; Clue: Briefcase)
- Examine Briefcase. (Result: CCTV Footage)
- Analyze CCTV Footage. (03:00:00)
- Question the Viper gang leader about his meet with the Italian mob. (Prerequisite: CCTV Footage analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime! (3 stars)
- This is the only case in the game where you will not be able to find a piece of evidence in the first instance of a crime scene (Kitchen).
- In "Old Security Post" crime scene, you can spot a poster with a rabbit in a rocket and the word "Pretty", reference to the Pretty Simple, developer of the game.