It concerns standards that all users should follow at all times.
The following is a list of rules and policies applied on the Criminal Case Wiki, that explain and describe standards that all users should normally follow, in order to maintain a comfortable atmosphere on the wiki. Violation of these can lead to administrative action. If you are unsure and you have any questions regarding any rule or policy, then please contact a member of the staff.
- All users are expected to assume good faith.
- All users are required to adhere to our editing standards.
- No plagiarism from any sources. This includes foreign websites, photos, and videos.
- Do not cheat for badges. Indication includes repetitive and alternating edits.
- Usernames which are used for impersonation or are deliberately offensive will not be tolerated.
- Users are not allowed to commit sockpuppetry or meatpuppetry.
- Block evasion is strictly prohibited. Users may be reported to Wikia if they persist.
- Articles must be created and written in English at all times.
- However, profile pages and messages may be in other languages.
- Wikilawyering is forbidden.
- Conflicts of interest will not be tolerated.
- The Criminal Case Wiki is a public domain and no editor owns anything.
- All users are to be treated equally regardless of race, nation, political views, religion, and the city/country they originate from.
- All users must be at least 13 years of age.
- All users must have a valid Wikia account to edit.
- The Criminal Case Wiki is not censored; profanity in articles should be done only in an encyclopedic manner.
- Only information about Criminal Case by Pretty Simple is allowed in articles.
- Do not commit vandalism to any page on the wiki.
- Do not insert wrong, absurd, or unnecessary information into articles.
- Do not insert false rumors, or unconfirmed information, into articles.
- Do not create a pointless or absurd page.
- Edit wars are strictly prohibited.
- Do not misuse the summary box.
- Do not leave a new article creation or an edit half-finished.
- Do not insert NSFW (Not Safe for Work) and/or explicit material.
- Do not edit someone else's user page.
- If you wish to edit it, receive permission from the user beforehand (unless it is for the purpose of maintenance).
- No fan fictional material in any articles.
- Such material should be posted on our fanon wiki.
- No vulgar language.
- However, strong language is allowed (eg: damn, crap, hell), as long as you do not cross the limit.
- No spamming.
- Never disrespect, insult, or abuse any user of this wiki.
- No name-calling.
- Do not threaten or blackmail other users.
- Do not troll or harass other users.
- Do not taunt or provoke other users.
- No sexually suggestive insults or remarks.
- No flaming of any kind.
- Do not wantonly type your comment in all capitals.
- Avoid gossiping about other users.
- Avoid spreading false rumors.
- Avoid discussing unreleased content about the game.
- Avoid picking a fight.
- Asking for a user's personal information should normally be avoided.
- Do not create an absurd or out-of-topic blog post/forum thread.
- Do not create a blog post/forum thread discussing unreleased content.
- Avoid posting irrelevant forum threads.
- Avoid posting forum threads in wrong categories.
- Avoid asking absurd questions in the Q&A forum board.
- Do not remove a warning thread from your Message Wall.
- Do not remove a thread from another user's Message Wall without notice.
- If you wish to remove it, check the "Notify an Admin" box.
- For your own safety, avoid posting information regarding your personal information.
- This does not apply to profile pages.
- Do not promote a hack or cheat bot existing in the game in any way.
- Do not post NSFW and/or explicit material.
- Do not insult any users.
- Do not disrespect any users.
- Do not taunt or provoke any users.
- Do not threaten or blackmail any users.
- Do not ask for or give out personal information, unless the second party agrees.
- Do not use profanity.
- Do not date (unless you do it privately and with mutual consent).
- Do not speak of sexually-suggestive topics.
- Do not wantonly type in all capitals.
- Do not spam.
- Do not post hack or cheat bots existing in the game.
- Do not ask absurd or nonsensical questions on the wiki.
- Do not beg for (or cheat for) kudos or immunibans.
- Please read the linked pages for details.
If a user breaks a rule, he/she may be subject to administrative action, as described below:
- Reminder – Users are reminded that they should reread the rules.
- Warning – Users are warned about the rule(s) they have broken (further infringements may lead to blocks).
- Restriction – Users are slapped with a restriction form, which will disallow them to perform actions that are stated on the form for a given period of time.
- Time out – Users are barred from the wiki for a very short period of time, usually a few hours to three whole days. This is to ensure users know the consequences of breaking the rules.
- Block – Users are barred from the wiki for a period of time. This is to ensure users have time to reflect towards their mistakes.
- Hearing required – Users are barred from the wiki but are required to report to their Message Wall at the Community Central for an explanation of the rules they have broken on this wiki. This is to determine whether or not a permanent or a global block is required.
- Permanent block – Users are barred from the wiki permanently, as a result of which they will not be able to return to the wiki any longer. A hearing is usually required before this can be put into effect.
- Global block – Users are barred from the whole of Wikia. Only Wikia staff members are able to perform this action. The local staff reserves the right to report the users to Wikia for this to happen.
Please note that the severity of the "punishment" depends on the severity of the violation. Also, users may appeal their blocks to be reduced, or even removed, by contacting the staff member who blocked them, provided that the reason given is appropriate and convincing.