|Initial release date||19th February 2015|
|Partner(s)||Frank Knight (All Chapters)|
Andrea Marquez (Map to the Stars 4)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|The Seeds of Death||Dead Space|
Crystal Death is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the ninety-eighth case of the game and the forty-second case of Pacific Bay. It takes place in Rhine Canyon, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Chief Marquez wanted Frank and the player to investigate a train crash involving a Tacos Niños truck in a Rhine Canyon railroad. Upon reaching the site of the crash, they found the head of a food delivery driver named Manny Sanchez was found beside the train tracks. He was revealed to be a drug dealer later on, and his body was found in his meth lab later in the investigation. It was further revealed that he was stealing chemicals from Colonel Spangler's military to manufacture meth. The killer eventually turned out to be a border patrol officer named Timothy Chubbles.
Frank hated the revelation of a border patrol officer breaking the law. As a border patrol officer, he had to give Manny the benefit of a doubt although he grew up being taught not to trust outsiders for a reason. Timothy was fed up with Manny lying to border patrol officials that he was a citizen. Timothy then went to the victim's meth lab. During the struggle, Manny was able to spill chemicals on Timothy. Even then, he was able to behead Manny with a machete. He stuck his head into a spit, and wrote a warning to foreigners to stay away from Pacific Bay. Frank felt that it was an act of racism by killing a foreigner. Timothy believed that he was doing serious police work. The act was still a murder, so Timothy was shipped to court.
Judge Dante demanded Timothy to state his case in murder. Timothy stated wanted to protect Pacific Bay from the likes of Manny. Nevertheless, criminals were supposed to be arrested and tried in the court of law, instead of being punished by death. Timothy defended his decision by stating that the liar deserved to die. The judge said that it was still a murder, so he gave Timothy a 30-years jail sentence and suspension from his job.
Chief Marquez required Frank and the player to patrol the border until a replacement for Timothy was found. She also wanted to interrogate Spangler about the train crash, which he said was done on purpose. Spangler claimed that the train wreckage might contain secrets to help Chief Marquez make amends with her past. On interim border patrol, Frank and the player found Gustavo Salamanca guilty of using covering up for his meth manufacturing scheme as a taco delivery system.
Hours after the holes were patched up, Spangler told the team to head to the PASA launch site if they wanted to know more about the alien affair.
- Manny Sanchez (beheaded and placed on a post)
- Timothy Chubbles
- The killer drinks tequila.
- The killer speaks Spanish.
- The killer watches soccer.
- The killer wears a bandana.
- The killer has burn marks.
- Investigate Train Crash. (Clues: Victim's Head, Truck Door, Broken Sign)
- Examine Broken Sign. (Result: Road Sign)
- Analyze Road Sign. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer speaks Spanish)
- Examine Truck Door. (Result: Truck Logo)
- Examine Truck Logo. (Result: Tacos Niños Logo; New Suspect: Gustavo Salamanca)
- Talk to Gustavo Salamanca about his company's truck's presence on the crime scene. (Prerequisite: Tacos Niños Logo identified; Victim identified: Manny Sanchez; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Border Check)
- Investigate Border Check. (Prerequisite: Gustavo interrogated; Clues: Paper Sheet, Car Kit)
- Examine Paper Sheet. (Result: Officer's Name; New Suspect: Timothy Chubbles)
- Talk to Timothy Chubbles about Manny traveling across the border. (Prerequisite: Officer's Name unraveled)
- Examine Car Kit. (Result: Piñata)
- Analyze Piñata. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Rosa Sanchez)
- Ask Rosa Sanchez if she's related to the victim. (Prerequisite: Piñata analyzed)
- Autopsy Victim's Head. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks tequila)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Drug Lab. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Victim's Body, Lab Supplies, Torn Paper)
- Autopsy Body. (09:00:00)
- Examine Death Threat. (Prerequisite: Body autopsied; Attribute: The killer watches soccer)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Periodic Table; New Suspect: Tiffany Dunn)
- Talk to Tiffany Dunn about her paper in the victim's lab. (Prerequisite: Periodic Table restored)
- Examine Lab Supplies. (Result: Packaged Chemicals)
- Analyze Packaged Chemicals. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Colonel Spangler)
- Talk to Colonel Spangler about the government chemicals in the victim's lab. (Prerequisite: Packaged Chemicals analyzed; Profile updated: Spangler drinks tequila and speaks Spanish; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Truck)
- Investigate Truck. (Prerequisite: Spangler interrogated; Clues: Tequila Bottle, Report)
- Examine Tequila Bottle. (Result: Victim's Message)
- Question Timothy Chubbles about the gift from Manny. (Prerequisite: Victim's Message unraveled; Profile updated: Timothy drinks tequila and speaks Spanish)
- Examine Report. (Result: File Number)
- Analyze File Number. (12:00:00)
- Ask Rosa Sanchez why she reported her brother to immigration. (Prerequisite: File Number analyzed; Profile updated: Rosa speaks Spanish)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Question Colonel Spangler about the train crash. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Profile updated: Spangler watches soccer)
- Investigate Fallen Cart. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Wreckage, Taco Ingredients)
- Examine Wreckage. (Result: Torn Photo)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Wedding Photo)
- Ask Tiffany Dunn about marrying the victim. (Prerequisite: Wedding Photo restored)
- Examine Taco Ingredients. (Result: Strange Powder)
- Analyze Strange Powder. (09:00:00)
- Ask Gustavo Salamanca about the drugs in his company's food packaging. (Prerequisite: Strange Powder analyzed; Profiles updated: Gustavo drinks tequila, speaks Spanish, and watches soccer, Timothy watches soccer)
- Investigate Lab Table. (All tasks before must be completed; Clues: Lab Clothes, Shot Glass)
- Examine Shot Glass. (Result: Blue Gel)
- Analyze Blue Gel. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has burns)
- Examine Lab Clothes. (Result: Machete)
- Analyze Machete. (15:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Machete; Attribute: The killer wears a bandana)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Map to the Stars: Part 4. (No stars)
Map to the Stars: Part 4
- Interrogate Colonel Spangler about the train crash. (Available after unlocking Map to the Stars).
- Investigate Train Crash. (Prerequisite: Spangler interrogated; Clue: Military Briefcase)
- Examine Military Briefcase. (Result: Faded Folder)
- Examine Faded Folder. (Result: Top Secret Project)
- Analyze Top Secret Project. (06:00:00)
- Question Colonel Spangler about the alien project. (Prerequisite: Project analyzed; Reward: Gas Mask)
- Investigate Border Check. (Available after unlocking Map to the Stars; Clue: Torn Photo)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Photo)
- Analyze Photo. (09:00:00)
- Convince Tiffany to get help with her addiction. (Prerequisite: Photo analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Drug Lab. (Prerequisite: Tiffany interrogated; Clue: Faded Delivery Order)
- Examine Faded Delivery Order. (Result: Message)
- Analyze Message. (06:00:00)
- Arrest Gustavo Salamanca for drug dealing. (Prerequisite: Message analyzed; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This is one of the only two cases of Pacific Bay in which Roxie has to perform more than one autopsy task, the other one being Death by Moonshine.
- This is one of the several cases in which more than one suspect gets arrested.
- Most of the case plot orbits around the popular American crime drama television series Breaking Bad.
- Gustavo Salamanca shares his surname with Hector Salamanca.
- Timothy Chubbles says "You think a good guy like me could break bad?".
- The case name is based on the drug "crystal meth", which is mentioned a lot in the case.