|Dead Girl Rolling|
|Initial release date||3rd April 2014|
|Partner(s)||Amy Young (All Chapters)|
Russell Crane (Additional Investigation)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|What Dies Beneath||The Ice Queen|
Hannah invited Amy and the player to watch a roller derby match between the Helter Skaters and the Pacific Pixies. Suddenly, during the match, Amy and Hannah witnessed the captain of the Helter Skaters, Susie the Slayer, knocked unconscious by Pacific Pixies player Mona Middlefinger, which temporarily halted the game as medics arrived to ascertain any possible injuries. Amy and the player then rushed to the rink, and the former quickly realized Susie was not unconscious, but dead. Thus, the deceased was brought to Roxie for an autopsy, as Amy suspected that Susie had been poisoned. The autopsy soon proved Amy was correct. The following investigation led to the incrimination of one Barbara Pickley, the victim's mother-in-law.
Barbara was very conservative-minded about the perception of women, and though felt that Susie's death was a difficult decision to make, she believed that she had no other choice. Barbara loathed roller derby skating, and watched as Susie made new friends and stopped listening to her advice. And when she found out from Becky Walden that Susie was flirting with Lenny Spitfire, Barbara feared her daughter-in-law would have abandoned Howard Pickley one day. And even if it had not come to pass, she proclaimed it led to by Howard ogling other derby girls because of Susie. So in order to protect her "lump" of a son, Barbara rigged Susie's drink bottle with Rocket Cow, confirmed by Roxie as the murder weapon, given Susie's medical records showing she was allergic to caffeine. In her eyes, it would have not only prevented her son from being heartbroken, but also made him stay away from the derby girls. The last thing she said before being taken into custody, was she wished the player succeeded in mentoring Amy Young where she failed with Susie Pickley.
Judge Dante lambasted Barbara for domestic homicide, along with how badly she had covered her tracks when she murdered Susie. Barbara defended her actions, saying she had to protect Howard at all costs, though she admitted tidying up was never her strong suit. The judge decreed her overly pampered son and her lack of cleanliness were not mitigating circumstances, and thus handed her a 25-year jail sentence.
- Susie Pickley (poisoned during a roller derby competition)
- Energy Drink
- Barbara Pickley
- The killer plays the guitar.
- The killer wears charms.
- The killer practices yoga.
- The killer has brown hair.
- The killer weighs 132 lbs.
- Investigate Skating Rink. (Clues: Victim's Body, Victim's Sport Bag, Fan Card; Victim identified: Susie Pickley; New Suspect: Mona Middlefinger)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Energy Drink)
- Examine Note. (Prerequisite: Victim's Body autopsied; Attribute: The killer plays guitar)
- Talk to Mona Middlefinger about her fight with the victim. (Prerequisite: Skating Rink investigated)
- Examine Victim's Sport Bag. (Result: Charm)
- Analyze Charm. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears charms)
- Examine Fan Card. (Result: Restored Fan Card; New Suspect: Howard Pickley)
- Talk to Howard Pickley about the victim. (Prerequisite: Fan Card restored)
- Investigate Susie's Garden. (Prerequisite: Howard interrogated; Clue: Victim's Book)
- Examine Victim's Book. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Examine Fingerprints. (New Suspect: Barbara Pickley)
- Talk to Barbara Pickley about her daughter-in-law. (Prerequisite: Barbara's fingerprints identified)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Performers' Hangout. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Torn Flyer, Ad)
- Examine Torn Flyer. (Result: Derby Flyer)
- Ask Mona about her rivalry with the victim. (Prerequisite: Derby Flyer restored; Profile updated: Mona plays the guitar)
- Examine Ad. (Result: Cryptic Words)
- Analyze Cryptic Words. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer practices yoga)
- Analyze Website Code. (12:00:00; Available after unlocking Chapter 2; New Suspect: Becky Walden)
- Ask Becky about her blog on the victim. (Prerequisite: Website Code analyzed)
- Investigate Garden Chair. (Prerequisites: Mona and Becky interrogated; Clues: Gardening Bag, Torn Album)
- Examine Gardening Bag. (Result: Torch)
- Examine Torch. (Result: Ash)
- Analyze Ash. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Lenny Spitfire)
- See if Lenny Spitfire knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Ash analyzed; Profile updated: Lenny plays the guitar)
- Examine Torn Album. (Result: Scrapbook)
- Confront Howard with his derby scrapbook. (Prerequisite: Scrapbook restored; Profile updated: Howard plays the guitar)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Ask Becky about the fake STALKR award. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; New Lab Sample: USB Key)
- Analyze USB Key. (09:00:00)
- Ask Barbara about her spying on the victim. (Prerequisite: USB Key analyzed; Profile updated: Barbara plays the guitar and practices yoga)
- Investigate Plaza Stairs. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clue: Prop Box)
- Examine Prop Box. (Result: Torn Letter)
- Examine Torn Letter. (Result: Love Letter)
- Ask Lenny about his crush on the victim. (Prerequisite: Love Letter restored; Profile updated: Lenny practices yoga)
- Investigate Storage Shelves. (All tasks before must be completed; Clues: Water Bottle, Guitar Pick)
- Examine Guitar Pick. (Result: Brown Substance)
- Analyze Brown Substance. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has brown hair)
- Examine Water Bottle. (Result: Victim's Bottle)
- Analyze Victim's Bottle. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer weighs 132 lbs)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Talk to Mona about roller derby. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Skating Rink. (Prerequisite: Mona interrogated; Clue: Leather Pouch)
- Examine Leather Pouch. (Result: Green Powder)
- Analyze Green Powder. (09:00:00)
- Give his fire dye back to Lenny. (Prerequisite: Fire Dye analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Performers' Hangout. (Prerequisite: Lenny interrogated; Clue: Torn Flyer)
- Examine Torn Flyer. (Result: Event Flyer)
- Examine Event Flyer. (Result: Hospital Play)
- Talk to Mona about her play with Lenny. (Prerequisite: Hospital Play revealed; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Investigate Susie's Garden. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation; Clue: Tea Box)
- Examine Tea Box. (Result: Film Roll)
- Analyze Film Roll. (03:00:00)
- Talk to Howard about his pictures. (Prerequisite: Film Roll analyzed; Reward: Roller Derby Uniform; Roller Derby Helmet)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This is one of the cases of Pacific Bay in which the victim and the killer are related.
- The case is very similar to its Grimsborough counterpart, Dead Man Running. In both cases, the victim dies at a sporting event, and is killed by someone they knew and trusted.
- The murder weapon, which is an energy drink called Rocket Cow, is a parody of Red Bull.
- In the "Storage Shelves" crime scene, the collectible object "Bear" heavily resembles the teddy bear featured in Ted.
- In the crime scene "Garden Chair":
- In the "Performers' Hangout" crime scene, a plane that resembles Dusty Crophopper from the movie Planes can be seen.
- In the "Plaza Stairs" crime scene, you can find a tree trunk with Jones' name carved on top of a heart symbol.
- Also in the aforementioned crime scene, you can spot a "Br" symbol and a "Vamonos Pest" poster, both of which are references to the popular American crime drama television series Breaking Bad.