|Initial release date||26th February 2015|
|Partner(s)||Amy Young (All Chapters) |
Andrea Marquez (Map to the Stars 5)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Crystal Death||The Ties That Bind|
Dead Space is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the ninety-ninth case of the game and the forty-third case of Pacific Bay. It takes place in Rhine Canyon, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Previously on Criminal Case, Chief Marquez and Amy Young thought that Colonel Spangler was mad as he claimed that the train crash was done to let an alien escape. Chief Marquez decided to dispatch Amy and the player to verify Spangler's claim about aliens by checking the Pacific Area Space Agency's launch pad, where he said they should meet. Amy and the player found Tom Nelson, an astronaut, lifeless with an abnormally huge hole on his chest, one day before he was to go to Mars via the Examiner-1. Amy and the player shipped Nelson's body to Roxie Sparks to launch the investigation.
During the investigation, Spangler allowed Amy and the player access to the US Army's War Room accessible only by top officials, one of which was General Freeman. There, they found the murder weapon, a laser gun. Freeman opted to court-martial Spangler for allowing the Pacific Bay Police Department unauthorized access to the War Room. When Brad Raybury was incriminated to be the killer, Spangler was cleared because of his cooperation with the police to catch a killer.
Brad thought the team had no proof that he killed Tom but Amy told the candidate to drop the attitude by presenting the evidence incriminating him. Brad said that he shot Nelson, but never knew that the murder weapon was fully functional. Brad wanted to play a prank on Tom, his teacher, by pointing the laser gun at him. It was to his surprise that the gun fired, killing Tom and giving him a huge hole in his chest. Amy made it clear that he still killed Tom, even if it was an accident. The player shipped Brad before the Honorable Dante.
At the trial, Brad stated that he did not like Tom keeping all research files out of Brad's reach. Brad also had to state that the murder was an accident, and if Tom had told Brad not to play with the gun, he would have been able to go to Mars. Given that the murder was an accident, Judge Dante gave Brad an eight-year jail sentence with unannounced parole eligibility.
Hours after Brad was incarcerated, Spangler asked the team to meet up with him at the desert festival in Rhine Canyon.
- Tom Nelson (found dead with a hole in his chest)
- Laser Gun
- Brad Raybury
- The killer is right-handed.
- The killer eats space food.
- The killer knows astrophysics.
- The killer’s clothes are stained with red dust.
- The killer has blue eyes.
- Investigate Launch Site. (Clues: Victim's Body, Schedule, Mini Spaceship; Victim identified: Tom Nelson)
- Examine Schedule. (Result: Schedule Details; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Desert Base)
- Investigate Desert Base. (Prerequisite: Schedule Details unraveled; Clues: PhD Thesis, Spacesuit Helmet, Photo)
- Examine PhD Thesis. (Result: PhD Student; New Suspect: Brad Raybury)
- Ask Brad Raybury about the victim. (Prerequisite: PhD Student unraveled)
- Examine Spacesuit Helmet. (Result: Strange Paste)
- Analyze Strange Paste. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats space food)
- Examine Photo. (New Suspect: Randolph)
- Ask Randolph how he knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Randolph identified on Photo)
- Examine Mini Spaceship. (Result: Spaceship USB Key)
- Analyze Spaceship USB Key. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Megan Steel)
- Ask Megan Steel about the Examiner-1 mission. (Prerequisite: Spaceship USB Key analyzed)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer is right-handed)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate War Room. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Top Secret File, Broken Device)
- Examine Top Secret File. (Result: Photograph)
- Analyze Photograph. (06:00:00; New Suspect: Astrid Saucer)
- Ask Astrid why the Army considered her a security risk. (Prerequisite: Photograph analyzed; Profile updated: Astrid is right-handed and eats space food)
- Examine Broken Device. (Result: Gun)
- Analyze Gun. (12:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Laser Gun; Attribute: The killer knows astrophysics; Profiles updated: Brad knows astrophysics, Megan knows astrophysics; New Suspect: General Freeman)
- Ask General Freeman about the murder weapon. (Prerequisite: Gun analyzed)
- Investigate Training Capsule. (Prerequisite: Freeman interrogated; Clues: Faded Note, Broken Object)
- Examine Faded Note. (Result: Hidden Threat)
- Question Megan Steel about her threat against the victim. (Prerequisite: Hidden Threat unraveled; Profile updated: Megan eats space food)
- Examine Broken Object. (Result: Weird Plant)
- Analyze Weird Plant. (12:00:00)
- Ask Randolph about the strange plant he gave to the victim. (Prerequisite: Weird Plant analyzed; Profile updated: Randolph eats space food and knows astrophysics)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Constellation Orb. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Faded Pie Chart, Top Secret Box, Torn Paper)
- Examine Faded Pie Chart. (Result: Pie Chart Details)
- Ask Brad Raybury about his pie chart accusing the victim. (Prerequisite: Pie Chart Details unraveled; Profile updated: Brad eats space food)
- Examine Top Secret Box. (Result: Stress Ball)
- Analyze Stress Ball. (09:00:00; Profile updated: Freeman is right-handed)
- Ask General Freeman about the stress ball with the victim's face. (Prerequisite: Stress Ball analyzed; Profile updated: Freeman eats space food)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Article)
- Ask Astrid Saucer why she accused the victim of lying. (Prerequisite: Article restored; Profile updated: Astrid knows astrophysics)
- Profiles updated: Megan is right-handed, Brad is right-handed
- Investigate Parking Area. (All tasks before must be completed; Clues: Empty Can, Orange Fabric)
- Examine Empty Can. (Result: Red Dust)
- Analyze Red Dust. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer's clothes are stained with red dust)
- Examine Orange Fabric. (Result: Substance)
- Analyze Substance. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has blue eyes)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Map to the Stars: Part 5. (No stars)
Map to the Stars: Part 5
- Ask Astrid Saucer what's wrong. (Available after unlocking Map to the Stars)
- Investigate Desert Base. (Prerequisite: Astrid interrogated; Clue: Crate of Tools)
- Examine Crate of Tools. (Result: Faded Passport)
- Examine Faded Passport. (Result: Randolph's Passport)
- Analyze Randolph's Passport. (06:00:00)
- Question Randolph about his fake official record. (Prerequisite: Randolph's Passport analyzed; Reward: Spacesuit)
- Investigate Launch Site. (Available after unlocking Map to the Stars; Clue: Metallic Tube)
- Examine Metallic Tube. (Result: Strange Liquid)
- Analyze Strange Liquid. (09:00:00)
- Ask Megan Steel about the experimental fuel. (Prerequisite: Strange Liquid analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate War Room. (Prerequisite: Megan interrogated; Clue: Torn Photo)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Alien Picture)
- Confront General Freeman with the strange picture. (Prerequisite: Alien Picture restored; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case title may be a reference to the survival horror video game series of the same name.
- The space agency featured in this case, PASA, is an obvious parody of the real-life NASA.
- In the "Constellation Orb" crime scene, a satirical version of Barack Obama can be seen.