|Death Comes to Lunch|
|Initial release date||3rd August 2017|
|Partner(s)||Isaac Bontemps (All Chapters)|
Charles Dupont (A Run for Your Money 1)
Maddie O'Malley (2 tasks in A Run for Your Money 1)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
| In Love and War|
(in Crimson Banks)
Death Comes to Lunch is a case featured in Criminal Case as the thirty-seventh case of Mysteries of the Past (Season 4) and the two-hundred eighth case overall. It is the first case to take place in the Wolf Street district of Concordia.
Mid-investigation, the bank reported that someone had broken into Clarissa's vault. Samuel Waldorf-Ridgewood turned out to be responsible for the incident and was arrested. Later, Francine, the victim's maid, demanded that Larry Rochester be arrested after he sexually assaulted her. Eventually, the team collected enough evidence to arrest Francine for the murder.
Initially denying involvement, Francine admitted to the crime, stating that she and Clarissa were having a secret romance when the victim dumped her to adopt an orphan. Unable to let her go, she mixed her champagne with a poisonous plant during the luncheon in order to pin the murder on a guest. Judge Lawson sentenced her to 20 years in jail.
After the trial, Samuel agreed to give Isaac and the player information about the Rochesters' activities in exchange for lesser charges. He pointed them to the terrace, where he had forgotten a camera with incriminating pictures. After finding the camera, the team retrieved a film roll which (per Diego) proved that Horatio Rochester had met with Vittorio Capecchi. Horatio said that he had bought Vittorio's lands without knowing his scheme and with the approval of the city council. The team talked to Deputy Mayor Hwang, who refused to investigate the accusations without solid evidence.
After Charlie and the player helped Maddie recover from her hangover, she allowed the former to live in her house's spare room. Following these events, Evie reported that Clarissa's death had pushed the bank to crisis, causing the stock market to collapse.
- Clarissa Rochester (found poisoned in her salon)
- Poisonous Plant
- The killer has knowledge of botany.
- The killer eats golden caviar.
- The killer uses hair pomade.
- The killer has brown hair.
- The killer has blue eyes.
- Investigate Victim's Residence. (Clues: Victim's Book [Signature], Victim's Body; Victim identified: Clarissa Rochester; New Suspect: Francine)
- Talk to Francine about what happened. (Prerequisite: Victim's Residence investigated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Rooftop Terrace)
- Investigate Rooftop Terrace. (Prerequisite: Francine interrogated; Clues: Threatening Note, Pot Debris)
- Examine Threatening Note. (Result: Gold Flakes)
- Analyze Gold Flakes. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats golden caviar)
- Examine Pot Debris. (Result: Gold Pieces)
- Examine Gold Pieces. (Result: Golden Coin; New Suspect: Larry Rochester)
- Question Larry Rochester about the victim. (Prerequisite: Golden Coin unraveled)
- Examine Signature. (Result: Horatio Rochester's Signature; New Suspect: Horatio Rochester)
- Ask Horatio Rochester about the victim. (Prerequisite: Horatio Rochester's Signature identified)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Poisonous Plant; Attribute: The killer has knowledge of botany)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate The Victim's Vault. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Photograph, Magnifying Glass, Victim's Box)
- Examine Photograph. (Result: Writing)
- Confront Larry Rochester about the victim's threat. (Prerequisite: Writing unraveled; Profile updated: Larry has knowledge of botany and eats golden caviar)
- Examine Magnifying Glass. (Result: Samuel WR; New Suspect: Samuel Waldorf-Ridgewood)
- Ask Mr Waldorf-Ridgewood about his magnifying glass in the victim's vault. (Prerequisite: Samuel WR decoded; Profile updated: Samuel has knowledge of botany)
- Examine Victim's Box. (Result: Victim's Letters)
- Analyze Victim's Letters. (12:00:00)
- Confront Francine about the victim planning to dismiss her. (Prerequisite: Victim's Letters analyzed; Profile updated: Francine has knowledge of botany and eats golden caviar; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Party Table)
- Investigate Party Table. (Prerequisite: Francine interrogated; Clues: Broken Pieces, Trash Can)
- Examine Broken Pieces. (Result: Decorative Plate; New Suspect: Sandra Hwang)
- Talk to the Deputy Mayor about her ties to the victim. (Prerequisite: Decorative Plate unraveled)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Crushed Plant)
- Analyze Crushed Plant. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer uses hair pomade)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Profiles updated: Francine uses hair pomade, Larry uses hair pomade
- Investigate Vault Drawers. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Torn Leaflet, Locked Box, Perfume)
- Examine Torn Leaflet. (Result: Adoption Leaflet)
- Talk to Horatio Rochester about Clarissa's adoption plans. (Prerequisite: Adoption Leaflet unraveled; Profile updated: Horatio eats golden caviar)
- Examine Locked Box. (Result: Recording Device)
- Analyze Recording Device. (09:00:00)
- Confront Samuel about breaking into Clarissa's vault. (Prerequisite: Recording Device analyzed; Profile updated: Horatio has knowledge of botany and uses hair pomade)
- Examine Perfume. (Result: Blue Substance)
- Examine Blue Substance. (Result: Nasal Spray)
- Question the Deputy Mayor about the apology gift. (Prerequisite: Nasal Spray identified under microscope; Profile updated: Sandra uses hair pomade)
- Investigate Rooftop Buffet. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Mortar and Pestle, Bowling Bag)
- Examine Mortar and Pestle. (Result: Leaf Fragments)
- Analyze Leaf Fragments. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has brown hair)
- Examine Bowling Bag. (Result: Champagne Flute)
- Analyze Champagne Flute. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has blue eyes)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to A Run for Your Money (1/6). (No stars)
A Run for Your Money (1/6)
- See what Samuel has to say. (Available after unlocking A Run for Your Money)
- Investigate Rooftop Terrace. (Prerequisite: Samuel interrogated; Clue: Samuel's Camera)
- Examine Samuel's Camera. (Result: Film Roll)
- Analyze Film Roll. (09:00:00)
- Confront Horatio Rochester about his association with Vittorio. (Prerequisite: Film Roll analyzed; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Inform the Deputy Mayor about the deal between Vittorio and Horatio. (Prerequisite: Horatio interrogated; Reward: Fancy Waistcoat)
- See if Maddie has recovered from her bender. (Available after unlocking A Run for Your Money)
- Investigate Victim's Residence. (Prerequisite: Maddie interrogated; Clue: Box of Crockery)
- Examine Box of Crockery. (Result: Ginger Storm)
- Analyze Ginger Storm. (06:00:00)
- Give the hangover cure to Maddie. (Prerequisite: Ginger Storm analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Party Table. (Prerequisite: Maddie interrogated; Clue: Broken Gift)
- Examine Broken Gift. (Result: Charlie's Gift)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This is one of the cases containing LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) suspects.
- This is one of the cases containing LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) victims.
- In Chapter 1, a quote from Hamlet is mentioned.
- In the "Bank Vault" crime scene, a satirical version of Girl with a Pearl Earring can be seen.
- The premise of the brink of a crisis and the collapse of Wolf Street's stock market, revealed at the end of the case, is an allusion to the Panic of 1873.
- This is one of the cases where more than one suspect is arrested.