|Death at the Circus|
|Initial release date||13th May 2015|
|Partner(s)||Amy Young (All Chapters)|
Edward Dante (The Big Heist 2)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Killer Takes All||Death by Martini|
Death at the Circus is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the one-hundred eighth case of the game and the fifty-second case of Pacific Bay. It is the second case to take place in Paradise City, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Amy Young wanted to attend a circus with the player. When they went to the Paradise City Circus, they found an acrobat named Annie Capri suspended with a silk rope. It was later confirmed by Roxie Sparks that the silk rope was used to strangle the victim.
Mid-investigation, Hannah revealed that the victim had called the police before her death. The conjoined twins, named the The Hanoi Sisters, also came forward, claiming their information on the killer was a matter of life and death. After hours of investigation, the victim's act partner, a male acrobat named Mikey Bolero, was outed as Annie's killer.
Mikey felt compassion and believed Annie was his one and only soulmate. Amy and the player got through Mikey's lies, stating the evidence they gathered. He admitted to killing Annie because she wanted to head to Ivywood for a better career opportunity, giving up the circus life. The circus was all Mikey had, and despite all the poems and threats he used to convince Annie to stay in the circus, she still insisted on leaving. Amy was not convinced that the murder was for love or passion. Mikey then revealed he felt that Annie was being disloyal due to her plea to move to Ivywood. When he found Annie at the wax museum, he took her to the circus, strangled her with a silk rope, and suspended her on display to send other acrobats a message: once they are in the circus, they are bound in the circus forever. Amy had enough, so she stepped aside to allow the player to ship the disgraced acrobat to face trial.
Mikey told Judge Dante that he killed Annie in the name of love, in which it gave the judge a feeling of distaste since all workplaces were supposed to treat individuals with respect and dignity. Mikey felt that the player should not have stuck their nose on this affair, but Judge Dante was fortunate for the player to be very persistent in their endeavor as he put the acrobat away for 30 years.
Eugenia Hestentrope wanted the player to subdue Coco the Magnificent and Freddy Gomez since she firmly believed that these two individuals were involved in a heist Louis De Rico was plotting. Judge Dante, meanwhile, wanted the player to accommodate him since he had to do everything to examine the conditions in the circus. It was revealed that the Hanoi Sisters had been enslaved by the oppressive ringmaster named Orsino Ziegfeld. Judge Dante was successful in forcing Orsino to change his ways on how he treats his circus performers. However, the big heist plans had yet to be thwarted.
- Annie Capri (strangled and suspended with a silk rope)
- Silk Rope
- Mikey Bolero
- The killer eats shaved ice.
- The killer uses chalk.
- The killer reads tarot cards.
- The killer wears red face paint.
- The killer has a mustache.
- Investigate Circus. (Clues: Poster, Megaphone, Victim's Body; Victim identified: Annie Capri)
- Examine Poster. (Result: White Powder)
- Analyze White Powder. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer uses chalk)
- Examine Megaphone. (Result: Megaphone Owner; New Suspect: Orsino Ziegfeld)
- Ask Orsino Ziegfeld what he knows about the victim. (Prerequisite: Megaphone Owner unraveled; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Rooftop Terrace)
- Investigate Rooftop Terrace. (Prerequisite: Orsino interrogated; Clues: Costume Box, Torn Paper)
- Examine Costume Box. (Result: Balloon Animal)
- Examine Balloon Animal. (Result: Balloon Message; New Suspect: Coco the Magnificent)
- Talk to Coco about his message on the balloon animal. (Prerequisite: Balloon Message unraveled)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Victim’s Picture; New Suspect: The Hanoi Sisters)
- Ask The Hanoi Sisters about their relationship with the victim. (Prerequisite: Victim’s Picture unraveled)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Silk Rope; Attribute: The killer eats shaved ice)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Wax Museum. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Cell Phone, Box of Spare Parts, Circus Banner)
- Examine Cell Phone. (Result: Phone)
- Analyze Phone. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Freddy Gomez)
- Ask Freddy Gomez about his messages to the victim. (Prerequisite: Phone analyzed; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Rooftop Corner)
- Investigate Rooftop Corner. (Prerequisite: Freddy interrogated; Clues: Storage Box, Faded Moon)
- Examine Storage Box. (Result: Open Box)
- Examine Open Box. (Result: Piggy Bank)
- Ask Coco about the piggy bank. (Prerequisite: Piggy Bank found)
- Examine Faded Moon. (Result: Message on Moon)
- Analyze Message on Moon. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer reads Tarot cards)
- Examine Box of Spare Parts. (Result: Top Hat)
- Ask Orsino Ziegfeld about the hat found in the wax museum. (Prerequisite: Top Hat Found)
- Examine Circus Banner. (New Suspect: Mikey Bolero)
- Ask Mikey about being the victim’s stage partner. (Prerequisite: Circus Banner unraveled)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- Find out what the Hanoi Sisters really want. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3)
- Investigate Wax Museum Entrance. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Broken Pieces, Annie’s Suitcase)
- Examine Broken Pieces. (Result: Plaster Mold)
- Analyze Plaster Mold. (09:00:00)
- Ask Freddy Gomez why he made a wax mold of the victim’s face. (Prerequisite: Plaster Mold analyzed)
- Examine Annie’s Suitcase. (Result: Annie’s Belongings)
- Examine Annie’s Belongings. (Result: Map)
- Ask Mikey about Annie’s offer to run away. (Prerequisite: Map found)
- Investigate Circus Stage. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Torn Fabric, Tarot Card)
- Examine Torn Fabric. (Result: White Substance)
- Analyze White Substance. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has a mustache)
- Examine Tarot Card. (Result: Red Substance)
- Analyze Red Substance. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears red face paint)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to The Big Heist: Part 2. (No stars)
The Big Heist: Part 2
- Ask Coco about his ties to Louis De Rico. (Available after unlocking The Big Heist)
- Investigate Rooftop Terrace. (Prerequisite: Coco interrogated; Clue: Trash Can)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Matchbox)
- Investigate Wax Museum. (Prerequisite: Matchbox found; Clue: Locked Tape Recorder)
- Examine Locked Tape Recorder. (Result: Tape Recorder)
- Analyze Tape Recorder. (06:00:00)
- Ask Freddy about the heist. (Prerequisite: Tape Recorder analyzed; Reward: Ringmaster Uniform)
- Investigate Circus. (Available after unlocking The Big Heist; Clue: Faded Flyer)
- Examine Faded Flyer. (Result: Circus Flyer)
- Analyze Circus Flyer. (09:00:00)
- See if you can help the Hanoi Sisters. (Prerequisite: Circus Flyer analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Circus Stage. (All tasks before must be done first; Clue: Torn Photo)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Proof of Abuse)
- Confront Orsino Ziegfeld with the proof of his abuse to the Hanoi Sisters. (Prerequisite: Proof of Abuse restored; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- Due to a French holiday, Pretty Simple released this case on a Wednesday instead of the usual Thursday.