|Death by Martini|
|Initial release date||28th May 2015|
|Partner(s)||Frank Knight (All Chapters)|
Roxie Sparks (The Big Heist 3)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Death at the Circus||Blood Diamond|
Death by Martini is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the one-hundred ninth case of the game and the fifty-third case of Pacific Bay. It is the third case to take place in Paradise City, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Frank Knight laughed at the player upon hearing that they investigated a murder in the circus previously. Frank wanted to take the player out drinking, much to Chief Marquez's distaste. Not trusting him, she allowed Frank to go out as long as he was willing to have the player have him on check at all times. Frank ended up taking them to a strip club. There, they found a stripper named Stacy Lovely lifeless in a huge martini chalice, punctured by a huge martini stick. They shipped the body to Roxie Sparks, launching the murder investigation. After hours of investigating, they exposed a bellboy named Jeremy Bowman as the killer.
Jeremy loved Stacy with all his heart and soul and firmly believed that she belonged to him, and no one else. He would go to the strip club to see Stacy all the time. He knew that he wanted her for the rest of his life the first time Stacy danced on the stage. Jeremy and Stacy always saw each other at the hotel he worked at. Stacy gave Jeremy a private dance, only to find out that Stacy was married to an affluent personality named Spencer Dickson behind his back. This infuriated the bellhop as he described the stripper as an illusion, heartbreaker, and a cheater. Jeremy was fed up with Stacy, so the next time he saw her at the strip club, he punctured her with a huge martini stick the moment he saw her dancing in the huge martini chalice. Once he succeeded on the hit, he placed Stacy in the liquid of the huge martini chalice. The player shipped Jeremy to face trial.
Judge Dante wanted to know why Jeremy would turn a stripper into a human martini, in which Jeremy saw Stacy dance in the aforementioned chalice, feeling that Stacy was heartless and soulless in her dances judging that the stripper will do anything to trick men into falling for her. Stacy threw the giant martini stick out of the chalice, in which Jeremy used it as a murder weapon. Judge Dante promptly lost his appetite and opted to send the bellboy behind bars for the next 30 years.
Hours after the indictment, Eugenia Hestentrope informed the police about the Paradise City Gun Convention. More so, even Joey Kim was placed under suspicion of participation in the heist, thanks to a gun dealer named Merv Waylon. Chief Marquez issued orders for the player to keep an eye on Merv at all costs, since the big heist participants were planning to use the gun convention as a vehicle for something larger.
- Stacy Lovely (impaled with a giant martini stick)
- Giant Martini Stick
- Jeremy Bowman
- The killer drinks champagne.
- The killer sings karaoke.
- The killer eats chocolate cake.
- The killer wears a gardenia.
- The killer has blue eyes.
- Investigate Strip Club. (Clues: Robe, Locked Karaoke Machine, Victim's Body)
- Examine Robe. (Result: Embroidered Name; New Suspect: Jezebel Lopez; Victim identified: Stacy Lovely)
- Ask Jezebel Lopez what she knows about the victim. (Prerequisite: Embroidered Name unraveled; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Penthouse Suite)
- Investigate Penthouse Suite. (Prerequisite: Jezebel interrogated; Clues: Locked Safe, Ice Bucket)
- Examine Locked Safe. (Result: Business Card)
- Examine Business Card. (New Suspect: Spencer Dickson)
- Talk to Spencer Dickson about going back to a hotel room with the victim. (Prerequisite: Business Card found)
- Examine Ice Bucket. (Result: Glove)
- Analyze Glove. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Jeremy Bowman)
- Ask Jeremy about his glove in the hotel room. (Prerequisite: Glove analyzed)
- Examine Locked Karaoke Machine. (Result: Karaoke Machine)
- Analyze Karaoke Machine. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer sings karaoke)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Giant Martini Stick; Attribute: The killer drinks champagne)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Wedding Chapel. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Wedding Clothes, Torn Pieces, Postcard)
- Examine Wedding Clothes. (Result: Karaoke Microphone)
- Analyze Karaoke Microphone. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats chocolate cake)
- Examine Torn Pieces. (Result: Ad Board)
- Analyze Ad Board. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Joey Kim)
- Talk to Joey Kim about the victim getting married. (Prerequisite: Ad Board analyzed; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Hotel Table)
- Investigate Hotel Table. (Prerequisite: Joey interrogated; Clues: Torn Photo, Hotel Amenities)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Wedding Photo)
- Talk to Spencer Dickson about marrying the victim. (Prerequisite: Wedding Photo restored)
- Examine Amenities. (Result: Flyer)
- Examine Flyer. (Result: Angry Message)
- Ask Jezebel Lopez about her angry message. (Prerequisite: Angry Message unraveled)
- Examine Postcard. (Result: Postcard Text; New Suspect: Sue-Ellen Lovely)
- Talk to Sue-Ellen Lovely about her granddaughter. (Prerequisite: Postcard Text unraveled)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- Investigate Chapel Pavilion. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Broken Pieces, Wedding Registry, Tray)
- Examine Broken Pieces. (Result: Family Tree)
- Ask Sue-Ellen Lovely about her family tree. (Prerequisite: Family Tree restored)
- Examine Wedding Registry. (Result: Wedding Registry)
- Analyze Wedding Registry. (09:00:00)
- Talk to Joey Kim about being con artist with the victim. (Prerequisite: Wedding Registry analyzed)
- Examine Tray. (Result: Message)
- Question Jeremy Bowman about offering room service to the victim. (Prerequisite: Message unraveled)
- Investigate Lounge Area. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Chocolate Cake, Stripper Clothes)
- Examine Chocolate Cake. (Result: Yellow Powder)
- Analyze Yellow Powder. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a gardenia)
- Examine Stripper Clothes. (Result: Champagne Glass)
- Analyze Champagne Glass. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has blue eyes)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to The Big Heist: Part 3. (No stars)
The Big Heist: Part 3
- Check up on Sue-Ellen Lovely. (Available after unlocking The Big Heist)
- Investigate Wedding Chapel. (Prerequisite: Sue-Ellen interrogated; Clue: Locked Briefcase)
- Examine Locked Briefcase. (Result: Torn Pieces)
- Examine Torn Pieces. (Result: Heist Plan)
- Analyze Heist Plan. (06:00:00)
- Question Joey Kim about the casino heist. (Prerequisite: Heist Plan analyzed; Reward: Elvis Costume)
- Investigate Strip Club. (Available after unlocking The Big Heist; Clue: Handbag)
- Examine Handbag. (Result: Watch)
- Analyze Watch. (09:00:00)
- Confront Jezebel Lopez about the watch she stole. (Prerequisite: Watch analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Penthouse Suite. (Prerequisite: Jezebel interrogated; Clue: Locked Phone)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Phone)
- Analyze Phone. (06:00:00)
- Confront Spencer Dickson about the way he treated Jezebel. (Prerequisite: Phone analyzed; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)