|Initial release date||3rd July 2014|
|Partner(s)||Frank Knight (All Chapters)|
Eduardo Ramirez (1 task in Additional Investigation)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
Eastern Promises is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the sixty-ninth case of the game and the thirteenth case of Pacific Bay. It takes place in Inner City, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Chief Marquez asked Frank Knight and the player to represent the Pacific Bay Police Department in the wedding of Steve Srebnik and Manka Radich. Upon the priest requiring Radovan Radich's presence to witness the knot tied, Frank and the player spotted something wrong and went to the reception room. They found Radovan dead, impaled on a Cupid's arrow wedding decoration, and took Radovan's corpse to Roxie Sparks right away. The killer turned out to be a hammam masseur named Tom Zhang, but before Tom was apprehended for grand homicide, Judge Dante requested Frank to reason with Steve, who wanted to file a divorce against his newly-wed bride, as his specialty is homicide hearings instead of divorce hearings.
Tom lived his life in solitude but could take it no more, so he resolved to do something to make a Chinese gang notice him, since he wanted to belong somewhere in the world. The task fell in proving his toughness to the Chinese community. Radovan frequented Tom and during his massage sessions, always bragged about his daughter and felt he deserved to be invited to Manka's wedding. Tom used Manka's wedding as an excuse to kill Radovan so that the Chinese gang could recognize him, but received no recognition from the Chinese gang. Frank sent Tom to trial as murdering people just for recognition was a bad idea.
In his speaking in court, Tom believed that him killing Radovan would unite the Chinese community against the Russian community with feelings that even Sue Xiong was secretly proud of him, although she could not admit she was the leader of a Chinese gang, of which Judge Dante thought was a ridiculous statement. Russell Crane's psychological report suggested solitude was the driving reason that led Tom to grand homicide, but even with homicidal delusions the report declared Tom sane, which explained why Tom was given a 20-year jail sentence instead of treatment in an institution for the criminally insane.
In the hours following Tom Zhang's impoundment, former Grimsborough PD officer Eduardo Ramirez was discovered to have arrived from Grimsborough to work as a private detective assigned to send a pickpocket named Ahmet to school at the request of his now-former client Radovan Radich, and Hannah Choi got stalked by her past after completing her digital lab analysis, which made Chief Marquez worried sick.
- Radovan Radich (found impaled on a wedding decoration)
- Cupid's Arrow
- Tom Zhang
- The killer smokes shisha pipe.
- The killer uses bathing salts.
- The killer reads the Daily Dawn.
- The killer has brown eyes.
- The killer wears earrings.
- Investigate Reception Room. (Clues: Pile of Cupcakes, Crystal Grains, Porcelain Pieces, Victim's Body; Victim identified: Radovan Radich; New Suspect: Manka Srebnik)
- Tell Manka her father has been murdered. (Prerequisite: Reception Room investigated)
- Examine Pile of Cupcakes. (Result: Keychain; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Eastern Bazaar)
- Investigate Eastern Bazaar. (Prerequisite: Keychain found; Clue: Victim's Cellphone)
- Examine Victim's Cellphone. (Result: Victim's Cellphone)
- Analyze Victim's Cellphone. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Ahmet)
- Ask Ahmet about the victim at the Bazaar. (Prerequisite: Victim's Cellphone analyzed)
- Examine Crystal Grains. (Result: Bathing Salts; Attribute: The killer uses bathing salts)
- Examine Porcelain Pieces. (Result: Chinese Vase)
- Analyze Chinese Vase. (06:00:00; New Suspect: Sue Xiong)
- Talk to Sue Xiong about her wedding gift. (Prerequisite: Chinese Vase analyzed)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Cupid's Arrow; Attribute: The killer smokes shisha pipe)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Ask Manka about her father's new will. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Victim's Shop)
- Investigate Victim's Shop. (Prerequisite: Manka interrogated; Clues: Torn Card, Dating Profile, Torn Brochure)
- Examine Torn Card. (Result: Wedding R.S.V.P.)
- Analyze Wedding R.S.V.P. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer reads the Daily Dawn)
- Examine Dating Profile. (Result: Dating Profile; New Suspect: Steve Srebnik)
- Ask Steve Srebnik about his dating profile. (Prerequisite: Dating Profile restored; Profiles updated: Steve smokes shisha pipe and uses bathing salts, Manka smokes shisha pipe and uses bathing salts)
- Examine Torn Brochure. (Result: School Brochure)
- Examine School Brochure. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Examine Fingerprints. (Result: Ahmet's Fingerprints)
- Ask Ahmet about the torn school brochure. (Prerequisite: Ahmet's Fingerprints identified; Profile updated: Ahmet smokes shisha pipe and uses bathing salts)
- Investigate Hammam. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Spa Accessories)
- Examine Spa Accessories. (Result: Victim's Loyalty Card)
- Examine Victim's Loyalty Card. (Result: Mysterious Number)
- Analyze Mysterious Number. (06:00:00; New Suspect: Tom Zhang)
- Ask Tom Zhang about the victim in the Hammam. (Prerequisite: Mysterious Number analyzed; Profile updated: Tom smokes shisha pipe and uses bathing salts)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Ask Steve Srebnik why he's divorcing Manka. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Profiles updated: Steve reads the Daily Dawn, Manka reads the Daily Dawn)
- Investigate Massage Slab. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Faded Paper, Safe Box)
- Examine Faded Paper. (Result: Massage Positions)
- Analyze Massage Positions. (09:00:00)
- Ask Tom Zhang about his massage poster. (Prerequisite: Massage Positions analyzed; Profile updated: Tom reads the Daily Dawn)
- Examine Safe Box. (Result: Sales Agreement)
- Ask Sue Xiong why the victim wanted to sell his shop. (Prerequisite: Sales Agreement found in unlocked Safe Box; Profile updated: Sue smokes shisha pipe, uses bathing salts, and reads the Daily Dawn)
- Investigate Wedding Table. (All tasks before must be completed; Clues: Victim's Handkerchief, Wedding Cake Figurine)
- Examine Victim's Handkerchief. (Result: Cake Crumbs)
- Analyze Cake Crumbs. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has brown eyes)
- Examine Wedding Cake Figurine. (Result: Blue Liquid)
- Analyze Blue Liquid. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears earrings)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Ask Ahmet about the pineapple following him. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Hammam. (Prerequisite: Ahmet interrogated; Clue: Bag)
- Examine Bag. (Result: Plane Ticket)
- Examine Plane Ticket. (Result: Eduardo Ramirez's Plane Ticket)
- Tell Ahmet to apologize to Ramirez. (Prerequisite: Eduardo Ramirez's Plane Ticket unraveled; Reward: Watermelon Costume)
- Ask Sue what happened to her shop at the bazaar. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Investigate Eastern Bazaar. (Prerequisite: Sue interrogated; Clue: Torn Banner)
- Examine Torn Banner. (Result: Restored Banner)
- Analyze Restored Banner. (09:00:00)
- Tell Sue about who lashed out at her shop. (Prerequisite: Restored Banner analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The title of this case may be a reference to the 2007 British-Canadian-American crime thriller film of the same name.