|Country||United States of America|
|Primary LEA||Grimsborough Police Department|
|Key figures||Howard Johnson (Mayor)|
Samuel King (Chief of Police)
|Appears in||Criminal Case (s1)|
Grimsborough is a city used as the main setting for the first season of Criminal Case.
The Grimsborough Police Department (GBPD) is the law enforcement agency that serves the city of Grimsborough.
HistoryThe city of Grimsborough was founded by William Cooper in 1845. It is known that William, at some point in his life, settled in the Historical Center district of the city along with his pet dog, Ellington.
According to William's descendant, Ashton Cooper, Grimsborough was only the leftovers of a small Pilgrim settlement before his ancestor built it.
William also has a statue of him built at Cooper Park, located in the Financial Center.
The city of Grimsborough features six different districts.
Industrial Area is the first district of Grimsborough. It is a worker-oriented district ravaged by organized crime and gang activity.
Financial Center is the second district of Grimsborough. This district is based on Wall Street and Central Park. Roman Harris, known as the architect of the city, is the one who designed and built the Financial District. It is a business-oriented district and many of its inhabitants are business-oriented people.
Historical Center is the third district of Grimsborough. This district features many historical novelties of Grimsborough as well as being near a forest preserve and a lake. As the name implies, this is where the founder, William Cooper, and his pet dog, "Ellington", settled in. The Historical Center was founded by Baron Salvadore.
University is the fourth district of Grimsborough. As an aptly named district, it is a schooling institution with an accredited baccalaureate college, a football field, and several schooling fronts.
Maple Heights is the fifth district of Grimsborough. It is considered to be the most affluent district of the city.
Airport is the sixth and final district of Grimsborough. Each case in this district requires investigation of a crime scene from the past, with its events dated from 1642-1649.
- Grimsborough may have likely been inspired by major cities in the Northeastern United States, such as New York City and Philadelphia.
- The name of the city is most likely a play on the words grim and borough—with the first half referring to the dark secrets of the city and the second half referring to the city itself. Hence, Grimsborough could be roughly defined as a "gloomy, or forbidding, town"—therefore reflecting the city's dark secrets which are finally unearthed in the season finale.
- Each district in Grimsborough features a different theme and/or focuses on a particular event, as described in the following:
- Industrial Area is all about organized crime and gang activity, especially the gang war between The Vipers and The Skulls.
- Financial Center consists of arrogant business-oriented people who only think of money, not to mention the district's finale that centers around a powerful and corrupt businessman who's motivated by greed.
- Historical Center mainly consists of weird middle-aged or elderly people, as well as people who put a belief in supernatural beings, and focuses on the annual Dog Pageant competition.
- University mostly consists of spoiled students who only think of fame and themselves, and focuses on the highly anticipated annual Grimsborough University Prom Ball event.
- Maple Heights deals with self-centered people, as well as people who pride themselves of their wealth, and focuses on the Mayoral Elections.
- Airport focuses on digging deep into the gloomy mysteries of Grimsborough that need to be unearthed before a notoriously secret society takes over the city.
- In the desktop version of the game, players must complete It All Ends Here in order to make the Airport district appear on the map. In the mobile/tablet version of the game, however, Airport is visible on the map from the very start of the game.