|In the Dead of Night|
|Initial release date||15th February 2013|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|The Last Supper||Innocence Lost|
In the Dead of Night is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the eighteenth case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Financial Center, a district based in Grimsborough.
The victim was a high schooler named Freddy Stewart, who was found lying dead against a tree in Cooper Park (the same place where Henry Crosby was murdered) during a night robbery in the Greene Mansion.
The killer turned out to be a middle schooler named Julian Ramis, who was Freddy's friend. He accidentally killed Freddy with the stolen crossbow during the celebration of the successful robbery of the Greene Mansion at Cooper Park. The crossbow had accidently fired as it was rusty. Since participating in a robbery was considered as a felony, Julian Ramis, though the murder was accidental, was to report to the Grimsborough Juvenile Detention Center for 1 year. Had Julian refused to conduct the robbery, no charges would have been pressed against him.
- Freddy Stewart (he was found dead in Cooper Park with an arrow through his skull)
- Julian Ramis
- The killer is a smoker.
- The killer wears Eau Delà.
- The killer has green eyes.
- The killer's blood type is A+.
- The killer's height is 5'0".
- Investigate Cooper Park Fountain. (Clues: Victim's Body, Crossbow; Murder Weapon registered: Crossbow; Victim identified: Freddy Stewart; New Suspect: Julian Ramis)
- Autopsy the Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer is a smoker)
- Talk to Julian Ramis about the murder. (Prerequisite: Cooper Park Fountain investigated; New Suspect: Ramona Stewart; New Crime Scene Unlocked: 1640, Riverside Drive)
- Examine Crossbow. (Result: Molecule)
- Analyze Molecule. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears Eau Delà)
- Talk to Ramona Stewart about her brother. (Prerequisite: Julian interrogated)
- Investigate 1640, Riverside Drive. (Prerequisite: Julian interrogated; Clue: Victim's Bag)
- Examine Victim's Bag. (Result: Cufflinks)
- Examine Cufflinks. (Result: Cufflinks Hallmark)
- Analyze Cufflinks Hallmark. (00:30:00; New Suspect: Alden Greene)
- Ask Alden Greene about the cufflinks. (Prerequisite: Cufflinks Hallmark analyzed)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Talk to Edward Ramis about his son. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Park Bench; Profile updated: Edward smokes)
- Investigate Park Bench. (Clues: Cigarette Butt)
- Examine Cigarette Butt. (Result: DNA)
- Analyze DNA. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has green eyes)
- Interrogate Noah Richards about the robbery. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Profile updated: Noah smokes)
- Investigate Stewarts' House. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Secret Box)
- Profile updated: Ramona smokes
- Examine Secret Box. (Result: Golden Earrings)
- Examine Golden Earrings. (Result: Stolen Earrings)
- Ask Ramona about the golden earrings. (Prerequisite: Stolen Earrings identified)
- Ask Julian about the murder. (Prerequisite: Ramona interrogated; Profile updated: Julian smokes)
- Ask Edward Ramis if something is wrong. (All tasks before must be done first)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Talk to Noah about the robbery. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Treehouse)
- Investigate Treehouse. (Clues: Bloody Handkerchief)
- Examine Bloody Handkerchief. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer's blood type is A+)
- Investigate Living Room Corner. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Drawer Full of Photographs)
- Examine Drawer Full of Photographs. (Result: Photograph)
- Ask Ramona about Edward Ramis. (Prerequisite: Photograph found; Profile updated: Ramona wears Eau Delà)
- Ask Julian about his father. (Prerequisite: Photograph found; Profiles updated: Julian wears Eau Delà; Edward wears Eau Delà)
- Talk to Alden Greene. (All tasks before must be done first; Profile updated: Alden smokes and wears Eau Delà)
- Examine Broken Surveillance Footage. (Prerequisite: Alden interrogated; Result: Surveillance Footage)
- Analyze Surveillance Footage. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer's height is 5'0")
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (1 star)
- Check up on Edward Ramis. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate 1640, Riverside Drive. (Prerequisite: Edward interrogated; Clues: Wheelbarrow)
- Examine Wheelbarrow. (Result: Car Key)
- Examine Car Key. (Result: Edward's Car Key)
- Give his car key back to Edward Ramis. (Prerequisite: Edward's Car Key identified; Reward: 100 XP)
- See what object Noah Richards has lost. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Park Bench. (Prerequisite: Noah interrogated; Result: Revolver)
- Examine Revolver. (Result: Serial Number)
- Analyze Serial Number. (03:00:00)
- Give back the revolver to Noah Richards. (Prerequisite: Serial Number analyzed; Reward: High Tech Vest, High Tech Glass)
- See how Ramona Stewart is doing. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Stewarts' House. (Prerequisite: Ramona interrogated; Clues: Broken Metal)
- Examine Broken Metal. (Result: Freddy's Chess Trophy)
- Give the trophy to Ramona Stewart. (Prerequisite: Freddy's Chess Trophy restored; Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- In the crime scene, "Stewarts' House", a license plate with the text "PRT SMPL" can be spotted, which is an obvious reference to Pretty Simple, the development team of the game.
- 1640 Riverside Drive is also the 1955 home address of Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown from the Back to the Future series.
- Eau Delà is a pun on au-delà (pronounced identically), which in French means "beyond".