|Killer Takes All|
|Initial release date||6th May 2015|
|Partner(s)||Frank Knight (All Chapters)|
Roxie Sparks (The Big Heist 1)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
| Programmed to Kill|
(in Innovation Valley)
|Death at the Circus|
Killer Takes All is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the one-hundred seventh case of the game. It is the fifty-first case of Pacific Bay and the first to take place in the Paradise City district.
Frank Knight wanted to embark in a getaway to Paradise City to forget the horrendous events in Innovation Valley. Frank wanted to drink in the most expensive bars in the district. Chief Marquez made it clear that Frank was on the clock to protect casinos from thieves, and the whole district from dishonest gamblers, prostitutes, and dirty cops. Frank and the player went to the main street of Paradise City, where they found croupier Alfie McNaulty lifeless with a croupier stick jammed in his eye socket. Frank and the player shipped the body to Roxie Sparks to launch the murder investigation.
During the investigation, Frank treated Sheikh Faisal rudely. Feeling insulted, he challenged the player and Frank to a game of poker, with a gamble for the whole police team: in the event Faisal won, he would have the team expelled from Paradise City, and then he would sue the team for their rude behavior in a murder investigation. If he lost, he would give them details about the victim's last moments. Sheikh Faisal lost the game by a hair, and he reluctantly obliged to his end of the deal.
Grace recalled the days when she and Alfie were once partners in crime, stealing jewelry from Pacific Bay's most expensive jewelry stores. After Grace was arrested, Alfie became a reformed croupier. Grace politely asked Alfie to rob the jewelry shop of the Mennagio Casino, but Alfie refused, not wanting to risk his career as a croupier. Grace tried to commit the robbery on her own, but Alfie attempted to stop Grace's jewelry heist by reporting her to the Paradise City authorities. Grace could not afford to let Alfie get underneath her skin, so to remove the double-crossing croupier, she played a game of poker or two at Alfie's section. During the game, Grace wrote a note on an empty plate of shrimp platter, asking Alfie to meet her outside. Grace then saw Alfie outside the casino, knocked the reformed croupier off-balance and took his croupier stick away from him. Grace then slid the hilt violently on Alfie's left eye, killing him. The player's luck and investigative skills outsmarted her, so Grace was required to attend trial for her crimes.
Grace tried to sweet-talk Judge Dante into playing a game of poker to avoid indictment, but the Judge abstained to gamble knowing how risky gambling is. He sentenced Grace to 20 years in jail for the murder of the reformed croupier, angering Grace. Frank felt that the player wanted to gamble following the indictment, although the player personally felt that they had more productive motives in Paradise City than to have fun.
Following the indictment, Eugenia Hestentrope, the owner of the Mennagio Casino, reported a string of wanton heists which involved some of her casino's jewelry stores led by a master thief. Although Louis De Rico was caught on scene during those heists, the team needed more evidence to end the string of casino heists running rampant in Paradise City.
- Alfie McNaulty (stabbed in the head with a croupier stick)
- Croupier Stick
- Grace O'Brien
- The killer eats shrimp cocktails.
- The killer is superstitious.
- The killer takes energy pills.
- The killer wears sapphire jewelry.
- The killer has brown hair.
- Investigate Main Street. (Clues: Victim's Body, Broken Pieces, Gambling Set)
- Examine Broken Pieces. (Result: Ladybug Jewel)
- Analyze Ladybug Jewel. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer is superstitious)
- Examine Gambling Set. (Result: Teddy Bear; New Suspect: Betty Wyatt)
- Ask Betty Wyatt why her teddy bear was at the crime scene. (Prerequisite: Teddy Bear found; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Mennagio Casino)
- Investigate Mennagio Casino. (Prerequisite: Betty interrogated; Clues: Faded Poker Pass, Locked Monitoring Bracelet)
- Examine Faded Poker Pass. (Result: Poker Player)
- Examine Poker Player. (New Suspect: Danny Moto)
- See what Danny Moto knows about the victim. (Prerequisite: Poker Player unraveled)
- Examine Locked Monitoring Bracelet. (Result: Monitoring Bracelet)
- Analyze Monitoring Bracelet. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Louis De Rico)
- Question Louis De Rico about his monitoring bracelet. (Prerequisite: Monitoring Bracelet analyzed)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Croupier Stick; Attribute: The killer eats shimp cocktails)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Jewelry Store. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Postcard, Ripped Photograph)
- Examine Postcard. (Result: Threatening Message)
- Find out why Louis De Rico threatened the victim. (Prerequisite: Threatening Message unraveled)
- Examine Ripped Photograph. (Result: Photograph)
- Analyze Photograph. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Grace O'Brien)
- Ask Grace O'Brien about playing at the victim’s table. (Prerequisite: Photograph analyzed; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Roulette Table)
- Investigate Roulette Table. (Prerequisite: Grace interrogated; Clues: Faded Card, Shrimp Platter, Locked Phone)
- Examine Faded Card. (Result: Threat for Victim)
- Analyze Threat for Victim. (15:00:00; New Suspect: Sheikh Faisal)
- Find out why Sheikh Faisal threatened the victim. (Prerequisite: Prescription analyzed)
- Examine Shrimp Platter. (Result: Yellow Powder)
- Analyze Yellow Powder. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer takes energy pills)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Text Message)
- Ask Betty Wyatt about her wanting to kill the victim. (Prerequisite: Text Message unraveled)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Display Case. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Wanted Poster, Broken Pieces, Victim’s Bag)
- Examine Wanted Poster. (Result: Victim’s Associate)
- Question Grace O'Brien about her criminal past. (Prerequisite: Victim’s Associate unraveled)
- Examine Broken Pieces. (Result: Owl Statue)
- Analyze Owl Statue. (09:00:00)
- Ask Sheikh Faisal why he cursed the victim. (Prerequisite: Owl Statue analyzed)
- Examine Victim’s Bag. (Result: Newspaper Clipping)
- Examine Newspaper Clipping. (Result: News Article)
- Question Danny Moto about him ripping off casinos. (Prerequisite: News Article unraveled)
- Investigate Paradise Fountain. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Ashtray, Neon Sign)
- Examine Ashtray. (Result: Sapphire Gem)
- Analyze Sapphire Gem. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears sapphire jewelry)
- Examine Neon Sign. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has brown hair)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to The Big Heist: Part 1. (No stars)
The Big Heist: Part 1
- Ask Betty Wyatt what’s wrong. (Available after unlocking The Big Heist)
- Investigate Mennagio Casino. (Prerequisite: Betty interrogated; Clue: Locked CCTV)
- Examine Locked CCTV. (Result: CCTV Footage)
- Analyze CCTV Footage. (06:00:00)
- Tell Betty Wyatt the good news. (Prerequisite: CCTV Footage analyzed; Reward: Croupier Uniform)
- Investigate Jewelry Store. (Available after unlocking The Big Heist; Clue: Faded Article)
- Examine Faded Article. (Result: Newspaper Article)
- Analyze Newspaper Article. (09:00:00)
- Ask Danny Moto about what he saw. (Prerequisite: Newspaper Article analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Main Street. (All tasks before must be done first; Clue: Torn Photo)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Burglar Photo)
- Question Louis De Rico about the burglaries. (Prerequisite: Burglar Photo restored; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- Due to a French holiday, Pretty Simple released this case on a Wednesday instead of a Thursday.
- The Mennagio, a casino that appears as a crime scene in this case, is an obvious parody of the Bellagio Hotel and Casino.
- The red bike and the white limousine featured in the "Main Street" crime scene strongly resemble the Ducati 748 and the Chrysler 300 respectively, while the yellow car seen in the "Paradise Fountain" crime scene bears a resemblance to the Bugatti Veyron.