|Full name||Madeline O'Malley|
|Family||Eileen O'Malley (mother)|
Maggie O'Mally (cousin-niece)
Rose O'Malley (cousin)
|Affiliation(s)||Concordian Flying Squad|
|Concordian Flying Squad|
|Appears in||Criminal Case|
|First appeared||Case #56: The Darkest Hour (s3)|
|“||Chin up! Once more unto the breach!||„|
Madeline "Maddie" O'Malley is a main character featured in Season 4 of Criminal Case. Appearing as the Detective of the Concordian Flying Squad, she serves as a partner to the player throughout the season.
24 years of age, Maddie has cranberry red hair and green eyes. She wears a clover green suit over a burgundy vest and a collared shirt with golden collar tips and a black necktie. She also wears a black top hat with gold goggles on the rim, and a pair of earrings.
Maddie is known to be witty, bold, and not afraid to get her hands dirty. She likes fast cars and trains, as well as proving people wrong. However, she has a weakness for absinthe. She is single during the course of the game. It is known that her parents both came from Ireland but she was born in Concordia.
Notable events of Criminal Case
In The Darkest Hour, Armand Dupont asked the player to find his great-grandfather Charles Dupont's notebook, where Charles had narrated his adventure with an agent who happened to have the same characteristics as the player. Dupont, on his deathbed, then entrusted the notebook to the player.
In the notebook, the story began with Charles, accompanied by Maddie, welcoming the aforementioned agent to the city of Concordia in the late 19th century.
After the arrest of Madam Xiang, her mother Eileen arranged a marriage between her and some Dr. Arnold Wharton. Since Wharton was too old for her to stand, Maddie asked Charlie to be his fake betrothed and fool Eileen out of her plans, eventually succeeding. After that, Charlie let her keep his grandmother's wedding ring, hence becoming closer with Maddie.
After Maddie helped Charlie find his milking machine, they gave it to Adaline Galls. As they were leaving the Galls' farm, Maddie expressed her admiration towards Charlie, while Charlie complimented her back. The two then agreed to go on a romantic date.
The player may choose Maddie to join the investigation of each crime scene (in any Mysteries of the Past case she teams up with the player) and provide hint bonuses. She is available as a 1-hint partner.
- Maddie is one of the few characters to physically appear in two different seasons.
- Maddie is one of the characters who animate (or move) during at least one cutscene in the game.
- In Welcome to Concordia!, Maddie mentions she has a car which she named "MadMobile", a parody of the Batmobile.
- The Darkest Hour (Case #56 of World Edition)
- Welcome to Concordia! (Case #1 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Slash and Burn (Case #2 of Mysteries of the Past)
- In the Line of Fire (Case #3 of Mysteries of the Past)
- A Murder Carol (Case #4 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Shear Murder (Case #5 of Mysteries of the Past; mentioned)
- In the Name of the Father (Case #6 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Let Me Down Gently (Case #7 of Mysteries of the Past)
- The Talking Dead (Case #8 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Let Her Eat Cake (Case #10 of Mysteries of the Past)
- That Sinking Feeling (Case #11 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Behind the Mask (Case #12 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling (Case #13 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Checkmate (Case #14 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Out of Steam (Case #15 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Monkey Business (Case #16 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Electrical Hazard (Case #17 of Mysteries of the Past)
- The Higher You Rise (Case #18 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Sinners and Saints (Case #19 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Eyes Wide Shut (Case #20 of Mysteries of the Past; mentioned)
- Blue Blazes (Case #21 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Overkill (Case #22 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Death is a Cabaret (Case #23 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Slayer's End (Case #24 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Death Without Parole (Case #25 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Giving up the Ghost (Case #26 of Mysteries of the Past)
- Little Murder on the Prairie (Case #27 of Mysteries of the Past)