|Initial release date||11th December 2014|
|Partner(s)||Frank Knight (Chapter 1, Chapter 2 & Ivywood Confidential 4)|
Amy Young (Chapter 3)
Russell Crane & Eduardo Ramirez (Ivywood Confidential 4)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Wild Wild Death||Star Crime|
Murdertown is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the ninetieth case of the game and the thirty-fourth case of Pacific Bay. It takes place in Ivywood Hills, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Chief Andrea Marquez disapproved of Frank Knight as he daydreamed about a detective film he watched the night before. Shortly after, Frank and the player went to the set of Murder by Moonlight after they received a note from socialite Lindsay Bannister telling them to do so. There, they found Lindsay stabbed in the heart. Roxie Sparks confirmed that the antique dagger they found on the crime scene was the murder weapon.
During the investigation, Frank opted to step down from the police to pursue a femme fatale named Velma Bannister, the stepmother of the victim and also the prime suspect. Amy Young was sent back into duty to finish the player's investigation. The duo found a bartender named Walter Fellows guilty.
Amy and the player could not find Walter in the hotel bar as they went to arrest him. They found out that Walter was attempting to resist arrest. They immediately rushed to the Pacific Bay Airport, thus finally catching up with Walter. In response, Walter said he was escaping to get over his grief. Amy countered by presenting evidence against him. The bartender then assumed that the player arrested the wrong person, but Amy continued to lambaste him for Lindsay's death. Walter eventually admitted to the crime.
Lindsay always wanted to talk about her problems with her boyfriend Dick Shakespeare and her step-mother Velma Bannister. Walter got tired of hearing her problems day by day, and he felt angry that others could not hear his side of his story for at least once. Walter devised a plan to start a new life away from Ivywood, so he opted to help Lindsay fly out of Ivywood's reach. The socialite gave the bartender money and expensive earrings to look after. Walter knew that the face value of what Lindsay gave to him would be more than enough to start a new life. He told the socialite to meet him at the movie set of Murder by Moonlight at her earliest convenience, but that was just half the battle.
Since Walter had to put up with Lindsay's problems day after day, he knew the individuals who hated her the most, so before he stabbed the socialite to death, he framed the other suspects. The movie set would be the perfect scene to implicate Dick due to him being the star of Murder by Moonlight. He also implicated the victim's father, Hubert Bannister, by placing a Utopian death warrant with his signature on it at the boardwalk. He made a simulated fortune teller with Lindsay's likeness in order to raise suspicions on Rico Damascus. Walter also attempted to throw off the player in the process by making a phone call as an anonymous caller. In spite of all this, Walter was still caught and shipped to court.
In court, Walter stated his disapproval of putting up with other people's problems after what he had to put up with serving Lindsay day after day. So, in conclusion, Judge Dante simply gave Walter a 10-year jail sentence for the murder of Lindsay Bannister, framing innocent people of a crime to deceive the Pacific Bay Police, and for not stating his motive.
Hours after the case was closed, Frank returned to the police force, disappointed over Velma, to help retrieve a stolen rare diamond, with help from Eduardo Ramirez. Utopians Rico and Velma were arrested for plotting the theft. Velma, however, was later released on bail through Hubert, her husband.
Chief Marquez also asked Russell Crane and the player to investigate Dick's strange behavior. Russell and the player came across Dick, brainwashed. His journal confirmed suspicions of the Utopians brainwashing other people, although Russell felt that this was not enough evidence to bring the cult to justice. Russell questioned Hubert about the Utopians brainwashing people, but he refused to answer honestly. Russell only needed more evidence to stop the cult's schemes for good.
- Lindsay Bannister (stabbed through the heart)
- Antique Dagger
- Walter Fellows
- The killer drinks gimlets.
- The killer plays mahjong.
- The killer smokes.
- The killer is 6 feet tall.
- The killer is over 50 years old.
- Investigate Movie Set. (Clues: Victim's Body, Puzzle Box, Torn Note, Cigarette Case; Victim identified: Lindsay Bannister)
- Examine Puzzle Box. (Result: Riddle)
- Analyze Riddle. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer plays mahjong)
- Examine Cigarette Case. (Result: Message; New Suspect: Dick Shakespeare)
- Ask Dick Shakespeare about his relationship with the victim. (Prerequisite: Message unraveled)
- Examine Torn Note. (Result: Eviction Notice; New Crime Scene: Hotel Lobby)
- Investigate Hotel Lobby. (Prerequisite: Eviction Notice restored; Clues: Faded Note, Victim's Luggage)
- Examine Faded Note. (Result: Victim's Message)
- Analyze Victim's Message. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Velma Bannister)
- Ask Velma Bannister about her relationship with her step-daughter. (Prerequisite: Victim's message analyzed)
- Examine Victim's Luggage. (Result: Sketch)
- Examine Sketch. (New Suspect: Walter Fellows)
- Ask Walter Fellows why the victim was giving him money. (Prerequisite: Walter identified in Sketch)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Antique Dagger; Attribute: The killer drinks gimlets)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Boardwalk. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Claw Crane Game, Torn Paper, Glove)
- Examine Claw Crane Game. (Result: Dagger Scabbard)
- Analyze Dagger Scabbard. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Rico Damascus)
- Ask Rico Damascus about the murder weapon. (Prerequisite: Dagger Scabbard analyzed; Profile updated: Rico plays mahjong)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Murder by Moonlight Flyer)
- Confront Dick Shakespeare about his connection to the crime scene. (Prerequisite: Murder by Moonlight Flyer restored; Profile updated: Dick drinks gimlets)
- Examine Glove. (Result: Grey Powder)
- Analyze Grey Powder. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer smokes; Profiles updated: Walter smokes, Dick smokes, Velma smokes; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Hotel Bar)
- Investigate Hotel Bar. (Prerequisite: Grey Powder analyzed; Clues: Ice Bucket, Pictures of Victim)
- Examine Ice Bucket. (Result: Expensive Earrings)
- Ask Walter Fellows why the victim's jewels were in his bar. (Prerequisite: Expensive Earrings found; Profile updated: Walter drinks gimlets and plays mahjong)
- Examine Pictures of Victim. (Result: Customer Code)
- Analyze Customer Code. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Hubert Bannister)
- Ask Hubert Bannister why he was having his daughter followed. (Prerequisite: Customer Code analyzed; Profile updated: Hubert drinks gimlets)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Boardwalk Bench. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Fortune Teller, Utopian Document)
- Ask Velma Bannister about her recent behavior. (Prerequisite: Boardwalk Bench investigated; Profile updated: Velma plays mahjong and drinks gimlets)
- Examine Utopian Document. (Result: Elaborate Signature)
- Examine Elaborate Signature. (Result: Hubert's Seal)
- Ask Hubert Bannister why he sentenced his own daughter to death. (Prerequisite: Hubert's Seal identified; Profile updated: Hubert plays mahjong and smokes)
- Analyze Fortune Teller. (09:00:00)
- Find out who Rico Damascus really is. (Prerequisite: Fortune Teller analyzed; Proile updated: Rico drinks gimlets)
- Investigate Film Equipment. (All tasks before must be completed; Clues: Faded Filmstrip, Victim's Missing Heel)
- Examine Faded Filmstrip. (Result: Filmed Murder)
- Analyze Filmed Murder. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer is 6 feet tall)
- Examine Victim's Missing Heel. (Result: Clear Liquid)
- Analyze Clear Liquid. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer is older than 50 years of age)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Ivywood Confidential 4. (No stars)
Ivywood Confidential 4
- See what's up with Dick. (Available after unlocking Ivywood Confidential)
- Investigate Hotel Lobby. (Prerequisite: Dick interrogated; Clue: Dick's Briefcase)
- Examine Dick's Briefcase. (Result: Faded Journal)
- Examine Faded Journal. (Result: Dick's Journal)
- Confront Hubert about the Utopians' brainwashing. (Prerequisite: Dick's Journal unraveled; Reward: [MALE] Film Noir Suit, [FEMALE] Femme Fatale Dress)
- Investigate Boardwalk. (Available after unlocking Ivywood Confidential; Clue: Torn Picture)
- Examine Torn Picture. (Result: Restored Picture)
- Analyze Restored Picture. (09:00:00)
- Question Rico about the stolen diamond. (Prerequisite: Restored Picture analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Movie Set. (Prerequisite: Rico interrogated; Clue: Velma's Purse)
- Examine Velma's Purse. (Result: Stolen Diamond)
- Confront Velma about the stolen diamond. (Prerequisite: Stolen Diamond found; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This is one of the several cases in which Amy and Frank interact with each other.
- This is one of the cases with one word in their respective case names.
- This is one of the cases of Pacific Bay in which more than one suspect gets arrested based on the canon of the case.