|No Smoke Without Fire|
|Initial release date||31st May 2013|
|Partner(s)||David Jones (All Chapters)|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|The Haunting of Elm Manor||The Wollcrafts' Creature|
No Smoke Without Fire is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the twenty-ninth case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Historical Center, a district based in Grimsborough.
The victim was a chief of Grimsborough scout, Connor Sullivan, who was found dead, tied to a bonfire in the middle of his scouts' camp.
The killer turned out to be one of Connor's scouts, Isaac Weston, who was the Eagle Scout. One day, Connor got drunk and lit a fire in a restricted zone of the camp, despite warnings from a hunter named James Savage. Isaac then saw the fire and just when he was putting it out with a branch, Connor came and started arguing with him. Without even thinking, Isaac hit Connor with the branch, and then, the victim got up and grabbed Isaac's throat. To save himself, Isaac stabbed Connor with James' knife (he had found the knife a day before in the forest). He then stabbed the victim again and again out of anger. After all this, Isaac felt guilty and tried to revive his Scoutmaster, but it was too late. He then tied the victim to a bonfire since he did not want the young scouts to see the dead body. A while later, when Isaac came back after returning James' knife to his shack for framing him, the rain had already started and the bonfire was extinguished, while the young scouts, including Ayden Young, were staring at Connor's body with fear in their eyes.
Isaac was sentenced to 15 years in jail with a chance for parole in 7 years.
- Connor Sullivan (found tied to a bonfire in the middle of his Scouts' Camp)
- Isaac Weston
- The killer knows First Aid gestures.
- The killer is left-handed.
- The killer eats chocolate.
- The killer wears a yellow neckerchief.
- The killer wears glasses.
- Investigate Camp. (Clues: Victim's Body, Ashes; Victim identified: Connor Sullivan; New Suspects: Ayden Young, Isaac Weston)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer knows First Aid gestures)
- Talk to Ayden Young. (Prerequisite: Camp investigated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Shack Interior)
- Investigate Shack Interior. (Prerequisite: Ayden investigated; Clue: Broken Sign)
- Examine Broken Sign. (Result: "No Fire" Sign; New Suspect: James Savage)
- Talk to James Savage. (Prerequisite: Sign restored)
- Talk to Isaac Weston. (Prerequisite: Camp investigated)
- Examine Ashes. (Result: Matchbox)
- Analyze Matchbox. (00:30:00; Attribute: The killer is left-handed)
- Go to Chapter 2. (2 stars)
- Talk to Charlotte Young. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Hunter's Table; Profile updated: Charlotte is left-handed)
- Investigate Hunter's Table. (Prerequisite: Charlotte interrogated; Clue: Bloody Knife)
- Examine Knife. (Result: Blood Sample)
- Analyze Blood Sample. (03:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Knife; Attribute: The killer eats chocolate)
- Talk to James Savage. (Prerequisite: Blood Sample analyzed; Profile updated: James is left-handed)
- Investigate Tea Room. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Faded Diploma, Torn Paper; New Suspect: Gertrude Piccadilly)
- Examine Faded Diploma. (Result: Diploma; Profile updated: Gertrude knows First Aid gestures)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Coloring Page)
- Talk to Ayden Young. (Prerequisite: Coloring Page restored; Profile updated: Ayden knows First Aid gestures)
- Talk to Gertrude Piccadilly. (Prerequisite: Tea Room investigated)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Profile updated: Gertrude eats chocolate
- Talk to Isaac Weston. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Scout's Tent; Profile updated: Isaac knows First Aid gestures, is left-handed, and eats chocolate)
- Investigate Scout's Tent. (Clue: Broken Branch)
- Examine Broken Branch.
- Examine Branch. (Result: Various Fibers)
- Analyze Various Fibers. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a yellow neckerchief)
- Investigate Tea Table. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clue: Bag)
- Examine Bag. (Result: Torn Paper)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Doctor's Sheet)
- Talk to Charlotte Young. (Prerequisite: Doctor's Sheet restored; Profiles updated: Charlotte eats chocolate, Ayden eats chocolate)
- Investigate Tea Table. (Prerequisite: Charlotte interrogated; Clue: Glass Shards)
- Examine Glass Shards. (Result: Blood Sample)
- Analyze Blood Sample. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears glasses)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Apologize to James Savage. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Shack Interior. (Prerequisite: James interrogated; Clue: Wooden Pieces)
- Examine Wooden Pieces. (Result: Bird Call)
- Give the bird call to James Savage. (Prerequisite: Bird Call restored; Reward: Burger)
- Check up on Gertrude Piccadilly. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Tea Room. (Prerequisite: Gertrude interrogated; Clue: Kibbles Pack)
- Examine Kibbles Pack. (Result: Kibbles)
- Analyze Kibbles. (03:00:00)
- Tell Gertrude Piccadilly what's wrong with the kibbles. (Prerequisite: Kibbles analyzed; Reward: 400 XP)
- Check up on Ayden Young. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Camp. (Prerequisite: Ayden interrogated; Clue: Pocket Knife)
- Examine Pocket Knife. (Result: Ayden's Knife)
- Give the knife back to Ayden Young. (Prerequisite: Ayden's Knife identified; Reward: Scout Unifrom, Neckerchief)
- Move on to a new crime! (3 stars)
- In the "Shack Interior" crime scene, a portrait of the first crime scene of The Lake's Bride can be spotted.
- In the crime scene "Tea Table", there are four major allusions to the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland:
- The white rabbit with the red bow bears an uncanny resemblance to White Rabbit, a character from the movie.
- The purplish cat on the piano resembles Chesire Cat.
- The doorknob behind the chair looks like Doorknob.
- The top hat on the table is a reference to Mad Hatter as it is his hat.
- Also in the "Tea Table" crime scene, there is a collectable object named "Bear", which heavily resembles the teddy bear featured in Ted.
- The knife used to kill Connor has "Pretty Simple" engraved on its blade.