|Initial release date||26h June 2014|
|Partner(s)||Amy Young (All Chapters)|
Hannah Choi (3 tasks in Additional Investigation)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
Amy was late to work due to her brother asking her to run some errands for him. Chief Marquez asked Amy to come to her office the next time she had to be late to work but on the other hand, Chief Marquez wanted Amy and the player to investigate a murder inside a Jewish delicatessen down Parks Avenue.
Once in the deli, an ex-convict named David Breitman was found dead due to wanton blood loss from a deep throat cut. According to Roxie, he was burned with hot tea, and then slashed in the throat with a pocket knife, resulting in blood loss. In a shocking twist of events, the killer turned out to be Chinese herbalist Yuan Wong.
Three decades prior to the events of the case, Yuan and David were burglars and the latter came to retrieve a cut from a robbery Yuan owed him, but instead Yuan used the money she received from various robberies to fund Yuan's Garden (her herbal business), feeling that any money she and David seized from past robberies were better spent for her business's maintenance. David did not like Yuan's change of life and asked her for money she owed him from 25 years ago, but Yuan did not like the idea of having to fund an con man-turned-beggar. To protect her family's honor, Yuan bumped into David at Myriam Miller's delicatessen one day and blinded him with hot tea. Once David was stunned, Yuan slashed David's throat, and knocked him out with a menorah (a Jewish candelabra), personally believing she had no other choice but to resort to murder.
Judge Dante decided thus to hold Yuan liable for killing an ex-convict for loot she kept for 25 years, and opted to label Yuan as a burglar at heart. Despite her attempts to build an earnest life, Yuan was handed a 25-year jail sentence for grand homicide and for robberies outstanding. Amy did not like how Judge Dante started the verdict but felt certain pasts were meant to stay resident in certain personas forever.
There were a couple of moments following Yuan's arrest ranging from Inner Chaos's vandalism of a synagogue to a railway fight in which Hannah's girlfriend Heather Valentine got involved. Amy kept wondering why Chief Marquez requested the team to refrain from telling Hannah anything about the return of the anarchist organization; reasons to this were revealed in the case after.
- David Breitman (his throat was cut and he bled to death)
- Pocket Knife
- Yuan Wong
- The killer drinks tea.
- The killer wears pink clothes.
- The killer wears glasses.
- The killer is type O+.
- The killer is female.
- Investigate Delicatessen. (Clues: Victim's Body, Cash Register; Victim identified: David Breitman; New Suspect: Myriam Miller)
- Interrogate Myriam Miller about the murder. (Prerequisite: Delicatessen investigated)
- Investigate Train Station. (Prerequisite: Myriam interrogated; Clues: Torn Card, Prescription Bottle)
- Examine Torn Card. (Result: Faded Postcard)
- Examine Faded Postcard. (Result: Message; New Suspect: Eva Breitman)
- Tell Eva Breitman about the death of her father. (Prerequisite: Message unraveled)
- Examine Prescription Bottle. (Result: Serial Number)
- Analyze Serial Number. (06:00:00; New Suspect: Mark McKenzie)
- Ask Mark McKenzie about the victim's prescription. (Prerequisite: Serial Number analyzed)
- Examine Cash Register. (Result: Pink Threads)
- Analyze Pink Threads. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears pink clothes)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks tea)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Synagogue Interior. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Business Card, Clothes Donation; New Suspect: Jacob Fishman)
- Ask Jacob Fishman why the victim was sleeping in his synagogue. (Prerequisite: Synagogue Interior investigated; Profile updated: Jacob drinks tea; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Railway)
- Investigate Railway. (Prerequisite: Jacob interrogated; Clues: Torn Article, Trash Bag)
- Examine Torn Article. (Result: Article of David Breitman's Arrest)
- Ask Myriam about David Breitman's ties to her father. (Prerequisite: Article of David Breitman's Arrest restored; Profile updated: Myriam drinks tea)
- Examine Trash Bag. (Result: Pocket Knife)
- Analyze Pocket Knife. (12:00:00; Murder Weapon registereed: Pocket Knife; Attribute: The killer wears glasses)
- Examine Business Card. (Result: Chinese Characters)
- Analyze Chinese Characters. (06:00:00; New Suspect: Yuan Wong)
- Talk to Yuan Wong about her ties to the victim. (Prerequisite: Chinese Characters analyzed; Profile updated: Yuan drinks tea)
- Examine Clothes Donation. (Result: Locked Phone)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Unlocked Phone)
- Ask Eva about her resentment toward her father. (Prerequisite: Phone unlocked; Profile updated: Eva drinks tea)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Ask Yuan about her exploits as The Dragon. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3)
- Investigate Benches. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Torn Photo, Victim's Diary)
- Examine Victim's Diary. (Result: Angry Message)
- Analyze Angry Message. (09:00:00)
- Talk to Mark about the victim's arrest 25 years ago. (Prerequisite: Angry Message analyzed; Profile updated: Mark drinks tea)
- Examine Torn Photograph. (Result: Little Girl Photograph)
- Examine Little Girl Photograph. (Result: Eva Breitman)
- Talk to Jacob about his ties to David and Eva Breitman. (Prerequisite: Little Girl identified to be Eva)
- Investigate Deli Counter. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Bloodied Menorah, Pile of Food)
- Examine Bloodied Menorah. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer's blood type is O+)
- Examine Pile of Food. (Result: Cloth)
- Examine Cloth. (Result: Unknown Liquid)
- Analyze Unknown Liquid. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer is female)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Ask Eva what is worrying her. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Synagogue Interior. (Prerequisite: Eva interrogated; Clue: Broken Pieces)
- Examine Broken Pieces. (Result: Graffiti Mask)
- Examine Graffiti Mask. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (03:00:00)
- Warn Eva about the anarchists. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed; Reward: Expensive Necklace)
- Warn Jacob about the anarchists. (Prerequisite: Eva interrogated; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Investigate Train Station. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation; Clue: Broken Camera)
- Examine Broken Camera. (Result: Station Camera)
- Analyze Station Camera. (09:00:00)
- Ask Myriam if she's seen Hannah's girlfriend. (Prerequisite: Station Camera analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Delicatessen. (Prerequisite: Myriam interrogated; Clue: Heather's Bag)
- Examine Heather's Bag. (Result: Restraining Order against Heather)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This case has the shortest title having only seven letters.
- This case and The Dockyard Killer have the same murder weapon (Pocket Knife).
- In the "Synagogue Interior" crime scene, at the far left a portrait of Albert Einstein can be spotted.
- In the "Benches" crime scene, you can spot a bobblehead of Spock from the Star Trek media franchise.