|Full name||Rani Goshwalla|
|Cause of death||Asphyxiation|
|Family||Misha Goshwalla (sister; incarcerated)|
Psi Sigma Gamma
|Appears in||Criminal Case|
|First appeared||Case #32: Murder on Campus (s1)|
Rani was a first-year student at the Grimsborough University and a member of the Psi Sigma Gamma sorority, whose president was Madison Springer. Rani was the younger sister of Misha Goshwalla, who was also a student at the Grimsborough University and a suspended member of the Psi Sigma Gamma sorority. Rani had curly black hair and gray eyes, and wore a dark sea green and gold salwar kameez the same style of her sister's. It is known that Rani was lactose intolerant.
Rani was found dead in her college grounds. She was tied up with her own bikini next to ant hill with writings and marks all over her body.
After tedious hours of autopsy, Nathan told Jones and the player that he had analyzed the writings on the victim's body and that it was nothing but just harmless messages. He also said that the victim was forced to drink huge amount of alcohol, but she had not died from poisoning. Actually, she had died because of the ants that were next to her. When Rani fell unconsious, the ants crawled into her ears, mouth and nose until she had died of asphyxiation. Therefore, the murder weapon was the ants.
Killer and motives
The killer turned out to be Rani's elder sister, Misha Goshwalla.
Misha hated Rani and was jealous of her. She thought that her younger sister was better, prettier, and more popular than her. One day, Misha decided to tell her sister how she really felt while they were in the campus. Just when Misha went to Rani, she saw her younger sister wearing a bikini with writings all over her body. This made Misha want to humiliate the victim in front of the whole college. She made Rani drink alcohol after alcohol until the victim finally passed out. Then, Misha tied her up and left for the whole college to see, but what she did not realize was that there was an ant hill right next to her unconsious sister, causing her to die of asphyxiation after the ants crawled into her ears, nose, and mouth.
The team found a major finding in Spring Break Massacre in which a serial killer using others to do their job was on the loose. At the climax of The Rorschach Reaper, the court found out that Misha was one of the three killers (the other two being Penelope Rivera and Taylor Kirby) who were hypnotized by Tess Goodwin, which led Misha to kill Rani sister against her own will. This finding did not make Misha innocent, however, but it did add a criminal charge to Tess's list of crimes.
- Rani's death at the hands of her sister is one of the six instances of domestic homicide in Grimsborough. Five other domestic incidents are as follows:
- Mikhail Levin killed his father, Anton Levin in A Russian Case (Case #5 of Grimsborough).
- Scott Greene killed his stepmother, Aileen Greene in Family Blood (Case #15 of Grimsborough).
- Gloria Fernandez killed her husband, Hector Fernandez in The Haunting of Elm Manor (Case #28 of Grimsborough).
- Peggy Buxton killed her son, Hank Buxton in The Scent of Death (Case #44 of Grimsborough).
- Susan Huckabee killed her brother, Stuart Huckabee in A Brave New World (Case #52 of Grimsborough).
- Murder on Campus (Case #32 of Grimsborough)
- At the End of the Rope (Case #35 of Grimsborough; mentioned)
- The Rorschach Reaper (Case #41 of Grimsborough; mentioned)