|Road to Nowhere|
|Initial release date||29th January 2015|
|Partner(s)||Frank Knight (All Chapters)|
Andrea Marquez (1 task in Chapter 3)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
| Dead Carpet|
(in Ivywood Hills)
|Temple of Doom|
Road to Nowhere is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the ninety-fifth case of the game. It is the thirty-ninth case of Pacific Bay and the first to take place in the Rhine Canyon district.
As a reward for putting an end to the Utopians and saving Ivywood and other people from brainwashing previously, Chief Marquez moved the team to the desert district of Rhine Canyon, where crime rates were getting high. Chief Marquez wanted Frank Knight and the player to assist the local highway troopers. Frank was more curious about aliens in the desert, which displeased the chief. Frank and the player went to Route 76, only to find Cal Stark, a troubled teen, impaled on a cactus. Cal's corpse was immediately shipped to Roxie Sparks for autopsy to launch the murder investigation.
During the investigation, the team ran into Colonel Spangler, in his third district. The army officer was transferred to the Red Stone Army Base in Rhine Canyon, a secret project that got the team suspicious once again. The team also ran into a highway trooper named Ana Herdez, who attended the Pacific Bay police academy with Chief Marquez in the past. Chief Marquez and Ana got into a catfight in the interrogation room, as the chief accused Ana of disrupting the investigation, while Ana accused Andrea of incompetence. Another obstacle came when Bubba Wyatt's biker gang, which Cal was part of, came to retrieve the victim's body prematurely, so that they could bury it. Despite this, the team managed to catch a farmer named Jordan Stark redhanded, who was, ironically, the victim's grandfather.
Jordan was surprised about what the player found. Frank presented the evidence to make Jordan admit to the crime, which he eventually did. Jordan saw Cal hitch-hiking by the side of Route 76 to get away from Rhine Canyon, so he pulled over and tried to talk some sense into him. Cal took a picture of Jordan as a memoir of Rhine Canyon, saying he would not return to Rhine Canyon after he left. Jordan tried to force Cal back into the Stark Farm pickup truck. Cal tried to attack his grandfather, but he dodged and shoved him to the cactus. Cal was stuck in the cactus. Jordan panicked since the victim started bleeding to death so Jordan fled the crime scene and left Cal for dead. Frank heard enough, so the player shipped Jordan to trial.
Judge Dante felt that domestic homicide was a bit harsh. Jordan admitted that he was a bad grandparent but the Judge said that Jordan should have called an ambulance rather than fleeing the scene. Jordan meant to pass his fortune to Cal. Because Cal wanted to follow his own path instead of manage the farm, friction between Jordan and Cal ensued. Although Judge Dante accepted that this murder was accidental, a murder was a murder, with a 10-year jail sentence issued for the farmer.
After the trial, Colonel Spangler was upset that the Pacific Bay Police Department ruffled his feathers once again. Bubba Wyatt was also caught handling ecstacy in Rhine Canyon. Ana took some time to reveal that Chief Marquez is a native of Rhine Canyon. Frank tried to have Chief Marquez confirm it but she refused to say wanting to keep her private life private. Chief Marquez also advised the police force to keep an eye on Colonel Spangler just in case something bad happens in Rhine Canyon.
- Cal Stark (found impaled on a cactus)
- Jordan Stark
- The killer weighs 210 pounds.
- The killer drives a pickup truck.
- The killer eats barbecue sauce.
- The killer wears sunglasses.
- The killer is male.
- Investigate Route 76. (Clues: Victim's Body, Faded Badge, Tire Track)
- Examine Faded Badge. (New Suspect: Colonel Spangler)
- Question Colonel Spangler about his badge. (Victim identified: Cal Stark; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Stark Farm)
- Investigate Stark Farm. (Prerequisite: Spangler interrogated; Clues: Torn Photo, Animal Feed)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Photo)
- Examine Photo. (New Suspect: Jordan Stark)
- Inform Jordan Stark of his grandson's death. (Prerequisite: Jordan identified on Photo)
- Examine Animal Feed. (Result: Mini-Revolver)
- Analyze Mini-Revolver. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Ana Herdez)
- Question Ana Herdez about her mini-revolver. (Prerequisite: Mini-Revolver analyzed)
- Examine Tire Track. (Attribute: The killer drives a pickup truck)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Cactus; Attribute: The killer weighs 210 pounds)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Ask Bubba Wyatt about his friendship with the victim. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2)
- Investigate Canyon Vista. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Torn Magazine, Rock Slab)
- Examine Torn Magazine. (Result: Cal Collage; New Suspect: Missy Benedict)
- Ask Missy Benedict about the collage of the victim she made. (Prerequisite: Torn Magazine restored; Profile updated: Missy drives a pickup truck)
- Examine Rock Slab. (Result: Brown Substance)
- Analyze Brown Substance. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats barbecue sauce; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Hay Cart)
- Investigate Hay Cart. (Prerequisite: Brown Substance analyzed; Clues: Faded Document, Bird's Nest)
- Examine Faded Document. (Result: Victim's Message)
- Ask Spangler about the victim's UFO picture. (Prerequisite: Victim's Message unraveled; Profile updated: Spangler drives a pickup truck and eats barbecue sauce)
- Examine Bird's Nest. (Result: Document)
- Examine Document. (Result: Deed Number)
- Analyze Deed. (12:00:00)
- Question Jordan about the deed on the Stark Farm. (Prerequisite: Deed analyzed; Profile updated: Jordan drives a pickup truck and eats barbecue sauce)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Ask Ana about her attempt to hijack the case. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3)
- Investigate Lookout Point. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Pile of Rocks, Cal's Suitcase; Profile updated: Ana drives a pickup truck)
- Examine Pile of Rocks. (Result: Skull)
- Examine Skull. (Result: Biker's Signature)
- Question Bubba about the message on the skull. (Prerequisite: Biker's Signature restored; Profile updated: Bubba eats barbecue sauce)
- Examine Cal's Suitcase. (Result: Device)
- Analyze Device. (09:00:00)
- Question Missy about her disagreement with Cal. (Prerequisite: Device analyzed; Profile updated: Missy eats barbecue sauce)
- Investigate Desert Roadside. (All tasks before must be completed; Clues: Broken Camera, Mile Marker)
- Examine Broken Camera. (Result: Camera)
- Analyze Camera. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears sunglasses)
- Examine Mile Marker. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer is male)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Map to the Stars: Part 1. (No stars)
Map to the Stars: Part 1
- Interrogate Colonel Spangler about his presence in Rhine Canyon. (Available after unlocking Map to the Stars)
- Investigate Canyon Vista. (Prerequisite: Spangler interrogated; Clue: Torn Paper)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Newspaper)
- Analyze Newspaper. (06:00:00)
- Talk to Colonel Spangler about his preoccupation with aliens. (Prerequisite: Newspaper analyzed; Reward: [MALE] Cowboy Hat, [FEMALE] Cowgirl Hat)
- Offer your help to Ana Herdez. (Available after unlocking the Map to the Stars)
- Investigate Stark Farm. (Prerequisite: Ana interrogated; Clue: Book)
- Examine Book. (Result: Chemistry Book)
- Analyze Chemistry Book. (09:00:00)
- Talk about the drug formula to Ana Herdez. (Prerequisite: Chemistry Book analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Route 76. (Prerequisite: Ana interrogated; Clue: Drug Bag)
- Examine Drug Bag. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (06:00:00)
- Question Bubba Wyatt about the drugs. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This is one of the cases of Pacific Bay in which the killer and the victim are related.
- Like The Final Journey, The Root of All Evil and How the East Was Won, the murder weapon in this case is a plant.