Stars are an integral element in Criminal Case. Without stars, the player cannot advance any further in the game's storyline.
Stars are needed to:
- Examine evidence or clues.
- Interrogate suspects and quasi-suspects.
- Arrest the killer (this does not apply to The Death of Rosa Wolf and Welcome to Pacific Bay).
Sometimes, they are needed to:
- Advance in-between chapters.
- Advance in-between cases.
If the player chooses, they can:
- Get all stars for gold medals used to unlock pet shops.
- Trade at the end of each case:
At the end of a crime scene investigation, the player acquires a certain number of points. Enough points in a crime scene and a star will be awarded. Note that each crime scene investigation requires 20 energy points.
- Stars cannot be transferred from one case to another.
- If the player arrests the wrong killer, they lose a star.
|Gameplay in Criminal Case|