|The Death of Rosa Wolf|
|Initial release date||15th November 2012|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|–||Corpse in a Garden|
The Death of Rosa Wolf is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the introductory case of the game. It is the first case set in the city of Grimsborough and also the first one to take place in the Industrial Area district.
A teenager named Rosa Wolf was reported dead at the entrance of town with her throat slashed. After gaining enough evidence, the Grimsborough PD's intel suggested that Matt Barry and Ash Bison were suspected of murder, in which Matt was found guilty of grand homicide.
Matt's motive for killing Rosa was never stated as he was given an automatic lifetime jail sentence without Judge Hall's intervention. The player was then permitted to move on to the next case (with the option to interrogate Ash Bison later on) as gratitude for completing the case.
- Rosa Wolf (found dead at the entrance of town, her throat slashed)
- Bloody Knife
- Matt Barry
- The killer is right-handed.
- The killer wears a blue cap.
- The killer wears a number 9.
- Investigate Roadside. (Clues: Victim's Body, Bloody Knife; Victim identified: Rosa Wolf; Murder Weapon registered: Bloody Knife)
- Autopsy the Victim's Body. (00:00:05; Attributes: The killer is right-handed and wears a blue cap; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Wrecked House)
- Investigate Wrecked House. (Prerequisite: Victim's Body autopsied; Clue: Blue Fabric)
- Examine Blue Fabric. (Result: Blue Jersey; Attribute: The killer wears a number 9)
- Take care of the killer now! (No stars)
- Move on to a new crime! (No stars)
- Go to Additional Investigation. (2 stars)
- Check up on Ash Bison. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Roadside. (Prerequisite: Ash interrogated; Clue: Gun)
- Examine Gun. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (03:00:00)
- Talk to Ash Bison. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed; Reward: 50 XP)
- This case and Welcome to Pacific Bay are the only two cases which:
- This is the only case which has three crime scenes, no "Time Attack" scene, and no "Spot the Differences" scene.
- This is the only case with an optional Additional Investigation.