|The Hunger Planes|
|Initial release date||30th October 2014|
|Partner(s)||Amy Young (Chapters 1–3)|
Frank Knight, Russell Crane & Duncan Young (Additional Investigation)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Into the Woods||The White Peaks Project|
The Hunger Planes is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the eighty-fourth case of the game and the twenty-eighth case of Pacific Bay. It takes place in White Peaks, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Amy and the player were ordered to go to a White Peaks volcano summit to search for an Osprey Airlines flight reported missing two weeks prior. They found Amy's ex-boyfriend Bobby Prince, a passenger in the flight, alive. He was then escorted with the other survivors to the police station. Bobby directed them towards the volcanic summit where they found the plane's pilot, Captain Harry Hugo, hanging over the lava pit. After observing the body and declaring it a murder, Amy and the player shipped the body to Roxie for autopsy. Much to Amy's sorrow, the player incriminated Bobby Prince to be Captain Hugo's killer.
Amy felt that the player was never wrong so she believed in them despite Bobby insisting that it was all a mistake. After presenting the evidence, Amy angrily told Bobby to just admit to the truth already. Bobby said that the survivors had no food and hope but Captain Hugo had only thought of himself the whole time. Bobby and the captain went to look for help until an avalanche came and knocked out Bobby. When Bobby woke up, he found out Captain Hugo took everything Bobby had and left him for dead. Because of all the rage and the hunger, Bobby felt the need to eat him. He pounced at him, smashed his head, and tied the victim to a spit so he would cook. Bobby's rush of animalistic instincts stopped when Amy found him. Bobby said that he had no choice but Amy knew otherwise, so Bobby was arrested.
Bobby told Judge Dante he had to do anything to survive as if there was no tomorrow. Judge Dante gave Bobby 30 years in jail with mandatory psychological counseling for the cannibalistic murder of Captain Hugo aside from the jokes he cracked before issuing the final judgment.
Amy left the player after the arrest to spend some time thinking about how her return to White Peaks. She said that she was initially happy but later felt that all her memories of her hometown were lies. Frank cheered Amy up, reassuring her that she was a good cop and a good person.
Amy was traumatized by Bobby's arrest so she took some time off. Chief Marquez instructed Duncan Young to help the player check up on Alice Blick. She also told Frank to get Celine Dernier away from the mountain. As the player helped Celine, Russell helped restore a lost picture of Stella Dernier, Celine's long-lost twin sister. The player returned the picture to Celine, telling her that her twin was one of the Night Walker's victims. The cops went back to the station, vowing to unravel the mystery behind the White Peaks legend.
- Captain Harry Hugo (roasted alive over a lava pit)
- Bobby Prince
- The killer uses herbal toothpaste.
- The killer can sew.
- The killer takes travel sickness pills.
- The killer wears fur.
- The killer has frostbite.
- Investigate Lava Fields. (Clues: Camping Supplies, Victim's Body; New Suspect: Bobby Prince)
- Talk to Bobby Prince about what he saw on the mountainside. (Prerequisite: Lava Fields investigated; Victim identified: Harry Hugo; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Old Observatory)
- Investigate Old Observatory. (Prerequisite: Bobby interrogated; Clues: Torn Photo, Airplane Locker)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Autographed Picture)
- Examine Autographed Picture. (New Suspect: Celine Dernier)
- Ask Celine Dernier why she blamed the victim. (Prerequisite: Celine identified on Autographed Picture)
- Examine Airplane Locker. (Result: Coded Note)
- Analyze Coded Note. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Betty Hugo)
- Ask Betty Hugo what she was doing on that plane. (Prerequisite: Coded Note analyzed)
- Examine Camping Supplies. (Result: Snowshoes)
- Analyze Snowshoes. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer can sew)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Rotisserie; Attribute: The killer uses herbal toothpaste)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Crash Site. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Pilot's Hat, Food Trolley, Flight Manifest, Bones)
- Examine Pilot's Hat. (Result: White Substance)
- Analyze White Substance. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer takes travel sickness pills)
- Examine Foot Trolley. (Result: Sick Bag)
- Examine Sick Bag. (Result: Taunting Message; New Suspect: Marcus Peel)
- Ask Marcus Peel why he sent a sick bag to the victim. (Prerequisite: Taunting Message unraveled; Profile updated: Marcus uses herbal toothpaste)
- Examine Bones. (Result: Skeleton)
- Examine Skeleton. (Result: Celine's Dog)
- Talk to Celine Dernier about her dead dog. (Prerequisite: Skeleton identified to be Celine's Dog's Profile updated: Celine uses herbal toothpaste and can sew)
- Examine Flight Manifest. (Result: Flight Manifest)
- Analyze Flight Manifest. (12:00:00; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Observatory Storage)
- Investigate Observatory Storage. (Prerequisite: Flight Manifest analyzed; Clues: Black Box; New Suspect: Alice Blick)
- Examine Black Box. (Result: Flight Recording)
- Analyze Flight Recording. (12:00:00)
- Talk to Betty Hugo about her fatal fight with the victim. (Prerequisite: Flight Recording analyzed; Profile updated: Betty uses herbal toothpaste and can sew)
- Ask Alice Blick what she thought of the victim. (Prerequisite: Observatory Storage investigated; Profile updated: Alice uses herbal toothpaste)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- Investigate Survivors' Shelter. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Torn Fabric, Snowman, Locked Radio)
- Examine Torn Fabric. (Result: Life Vest)
- Ask Marcus Peel why he sabotaged the victim's life vest. (Prerequisite: Life Vest restored; Profiles updated: Marcus can sew and takes travel sleeping pills, Celine takes travel sleeping pills)
- Examine Snowman. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (09:00:00)
- Talk to Alice Blick about the message she left on that snowman. (Prerequisite: Blood analyzed; Profile updated: Alice can sew)
- Examine Locked Radio. (Result: SOS Message)
- Talk to Bobby Prince about his distress message. (Prerequisite: SOS Message found on unlocked Radio; Profile updated: Bobby uses herbal toothpaste, can sew, and takes travel sleeping pills)
- Investigate Abandoned Camp. (All tasks before must be completed; Clues: Broken Object, Gloves)
- Examine Broken Object. (Result: Flight Controller)
- Analyze Flight Controller. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears fur)
- Examine Gloves. (Result: Fingernails)
- Analyze Fingernails. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has frostbite)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- See what Celine is up to. (Available after unlocking the Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Old Observatory. (Prerequisite: Celine interrogated; Clue: Faded Drawing)
- Examine Faded Drawing. (Result: Celine's Drawing)
- Give Celine back her drawing. (Prerequisite: Celine's Drawing restored; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Check on Alice. (Available after unlocking the Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Crash Site. (Prerequisite: Alice interrogated; Clue: Backpack)
- Examine Backpack. (Result: Faded Journal)
- Examine Faded Journal. (Result: Alice's Journal)
- Analyze Alice's Journal. (06:00:00)
- Give Alice her journal back. (Prerequisite: Alice's Journal analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Lava Fields. (All tasks before must be done first; Clue: Torn Picture)
- Examine Torn Picture. (Result: Picture)
- Analyze Picture. (06:00:00)
- Inform Celine about her sister's death. (Prerequisite: Picture analyzed; Reward: Earmuffs)
- Move on to a new crime! (No stars)
- The case's title is an obvious reference to The Hunger Games, a popular multimedia franchise created by Suzanne Collins.
- This is one of the cases in which Amy and Frank interact with each other.