|The Ice Queen|
|Initial release date||10th April 2014|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Dead Girl Rolling|| Bayou Blood|
(in Bayou Bleu)
Chief Marquez assigned the player to do a night duty with Frank, and asked the player to keep Frank on the look while on duty. Later on, Frank invited the player to go to the beach for a quiet night. However, the night duty was cut short when the player found a young girl frozen to death near a bonfire. The young girl was revealed to be none other than Internet blogger Becky Walden, prompting Frank and the player to start a murder investigation.
The investigation took Frank and the player to the Neon Street boardwalk and the Little Mermaid nightclub, after which the two managed to incriminate Becky's killer as being a party hustler named Derek Stone.
Derek believed he was the king of the hill in Ocean Shore and to ensure he would be king of the hill, he relied on his GPS which ironically led him to Ocean Shore. Derek already felt the sting when he was interrogated on a previous murder, fearing that the police would crash the party by force, denying him the chance to make money through the sale of drugs. What bothered Derek, though, was when Becky kept on taking pictures of the party scene throughout Ocean Shore, agitating him.
To rid the world of Becky, Derek rigged Becky's cell phone with a GPS tracker so that he could track Becky's move. Using his GPS tracker, Derek was able to follow Becky as she walked away from the Little Mermaid nightclub without paying $1005 of which she owed $700 for vodka, $205 for Rocket Cow energy drinks (the same drink used to kill Susie Pickley a case before), and a mandatory $100 gratuity to Eva Sanchez. Derek found Becky at the beach, and Becky ripped one of Derek's glow sticks off, ensuing a fight. Derek knocked Becky out cold and then blasted liquid nitrogen on Becky, freezing her to death. Derek then blasted loud electronic music following her death, shattering some parts of Becky to pieces, and ran away from the crime scene shortly thereafter, which made the police able to easily incriminate Derek in spite of the amount of effort the team needed to deploy.
Derek then told Judge Dante that he could not try him because he worked very hard to become king of the hill, but given Derek's "I'm innocent" behavior at the time of his arrest, not to mention the court finding Derek the type of person who always pursues what he wants, were grounds for the court to issue a lifetime jail sentence for Derek.
Chief Marquez had to make a speech before Pacific Bay's city council regarding the player's incarceration of Derek and insisted Frank and the player to check up on Eva, Zack Taylor, and Lenny Spitfire while she did so. After all loose ends were patched, Chief Marquez moved the team to patrol Bayou Bleu as a reward for the player's promising performance during their duty in Ocean Shore.
- Becky Walden (found frozen to death on the beach)
- Liquid Nitrogen
- Derek Stone
- The killer listens to electronic music.
- The killer uses a GPS device.
- The killer drinks cocktails.
- The killer wears glow sticks.
- The killer has burn marks.
- Investigate Beach. (Clues: Victim's Body, Victim's Phone, Speargun; Victim identified: Becky Walden)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer listens to electronic music)
- Examine Victim's Phone. (Result: Victim's Phone)
- Analyze Victim's Phone. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer uses GPS)
- Examine Speargun. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Examine Fingerprints. (New Suspect: Roger Strout)
- Talk to Roger about his speargun. (Prerequisite: Roger's Fingerprints identified; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Boardwalk)
- Investigate Boardwalk. (Prerequisite: Roger interrogated; Clues: Bargain Bin, Torn T-Shirt)
- Examine Bargain Bin. (Result: Bloody Sword)
- Examine Bloody Sword. (Result: Blood Sample)
- Analyze Blood Sample. (06:00:00; New Suspect: Lenny Spitfire)
- Question Lenny about the victim. (Prerequisite: Blood Sample analyzed)
- Examine Torn T-Shirt. (Result: "Killer Friends" T-Shirt; New Suspect: Zack Taylor)
- Talk to Zack about his friendship with the victim. (Prerequisite: "Killer Friends" T-Shirt restored)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Night Club. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Ice Bucket, Torn Flyer, Locked GPS Device)
- Examine Torn Flyer. (Result: Flyer for Derek Stone's Event; New Suspect: Derek Stone; Profile update: Derek listens to electronic music)
- Question Derek about his club event. (Prerequisite: Flyer for Derek Stone's Event restored; Profile updated: Derek uses GPS)
- Examine Locked GPS Device. (Result: GPS Device)
- Analyze GPS Device. (06:00:00)
- Examine Unknown Particle. (Prerequisite: GPS Device analyzed; Result: Cocktail; Attribute: The killer drinks cocktails)
- Examine Ice Bucket. (Result: Faded Receipt)
- Examine Faded Receipt. (Result: Receipt)
- Analyze Receipt. (15:00:00; New Suspect: Eva Sanchez)
- Question Eva about threatening the victim. (Prerequisite: Receipt analyzed; Profile updated: Eva uses GPS; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Gift Shop)
- Investigate Gift Shop. (Prerequisite: Eva interrogated; Clues: Torn Pamphlet, Octopus)
- Examine Torn Pamphlet. (Result: Infographic)
- Interrogate Lenny about the infographic. (Prerequisite: Infographic restored; Profile updated: Lenny listens to electronic music and uses GPS)
- Examine Octopus. (Result: Octopus Carus)
- Interrogate Roger about his illegal dealings. (Prerequisite: Octopus Carus identified; Profile updated: Roger uses GPS)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- Quiz Derek about selling drugs. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Profile updated: Derek drinks cocktails)
- Investigate Club Table. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Locked Printer, Stained T-Shirt; Profile updated: Zack listens to electronic music)
- Examine Locked Printer. (Result: Faded Picture)
- Examine Faded Picture. (Result: Meme of Eva)
- Talk to Eva about the meme. (Prerequisite: Meme of Eva unraveled; Profile updated: Eva listens to electronic music and drinks cocktails)
- Examine Stained T-Shirt. (Result: Unknown Substance)
- Analyze Unknown Substance. (06:00:00)
- Quiz Zack about breaking the victim's heart. (Prerequisite: Unknown Substance analyzed; Profile updated: Zack uses GPS and drinks cocktails)
- Investigate Campfire. (All tasks before must be completed; Clues: Beanie Hat, Liquid Nitrogen; Murder Weapon registered: Liquid Nitrogen)
- Examine Victim's Hat. (Result: Fluorescent Substance)
- Analyze Fluorescent Substance. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears glow sticks)
- Examine Liquid Nitrogen. (Result: Skin Sample)
- Analyze Skin Sample. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has burn marks)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- See what's going on with Eva. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Night Club. (Prerequisite: Eva interrogated; Clue: Torn Contract)
- Examine Torn Contract. (Result: Adult Film Contract)
- Give her contract back to Eva. (Prerequisite: Adult Film Contract restored; Reward: [MALE] Poseidon Crown, Poseidon Costume, [FEMALE] Mermaid Hair, Mermaid Costume)
- Investigate Boardwalk. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation; Clue: Fanny Pack)
- Examine Fanny Pack. (Result: Saliva)
- Analyze Saliva. (09:00:00)
- Give his fanny pack back to Zack. (Prerequisite: Saliva analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Beach. (All tasks before must be completed; Clue: Pile of Fruit)
- Examine Pile of Fruit. (Result: Lenny's Monkey)
- Ask Lenny about the monkey. (Prerequisite: Lenny's Monkey found; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime (in Bayou Bleu)! (No stars)
- All suspects with the exception of Eva Sanchez appeared previously in Ocean Shore's previous cases.
- This is the first Pacific Bay case (albeit one of the cases in the game overall) not to require stars to advance in-between chapters and cases.
- There are two Easter eggs in this case's crime scenes featuring Grimsborough PD members:
- After unlocking the portable printer, it prints a picture of Eva's face swapped with the popular meme face known as "trollface".
- In the crime scene "Campfire", you can find a cigarette box marked "Pretty Lights", which is an obvious reference to Pretty Simple. This cigarette brand was also mentioned during the events of Good Cop Dead Cop.