The Lake's Bride is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the twenty-seventh case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Historical Center, a district based in Grimsborough.
Alexander had a mental illness and loved Mary. When Jones asked Alexander why he killed the woman he loved, Alexander replied with a strange answer. He said that love, passion and death were all similar and that murder was the highest form of desire. Since Alexander had a mental illness, Judge Hall sentenced him to 30 years in jail, accompanied by a psychiatrist.
- Mary Gray (found dead in the trunk of a car pulled from the lake)
- Alexander Vladinsky
- The killer collects stamps.
- The killer has a dog.
- The killer has scratches.
- The killer has a mud stain.
- The killer has blue eyes.
- Investigate Lake. (Clues: Victim's Body, Seaweed, Torn Letters; Victim identified: Mary Gray; New Suspect: Elizabeth Hopkins)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Drowning; Attribute: The killer collects stamps)
- Talk to Elizabeth Hopkins. (Prerequisite: Lake investigated)
- Examine Seaweed. (Result: Scales; New Suspect: Floyd Russel)
- Talk to Floyd Russel. (Prerequisite: Scales found)
- Examine Torn Letters. (Result: Letters)
- Analyze Letters. (00:30:00; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Victim's Stall)
- Investigate Victim's Stall. (Prerequisite: Letters analyzed; Clue: Newspaper)
- Examine Newspaper. (Result: Classified Ad; New Suspect: Thomas Benson)
- Talk to Thomas Benson. (Prerequisite: Classified Ad unraveled)
- Examine Suspect's Description. (Prerequisite: Thomas interrogated; Result: Suspect's Profile; New Suspect: Alexander Vladinsky)
- Talk to Alexander Vladinsky. (Prerequisite: Suspect's Profile identified)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Town Exit. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Keychain, Claw, Glove)
- Examine Claw. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (00:30:00)
- Talk to Floyd Russel. (Attribute: The killer has scratches)
- Analyze Glove. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has a dog; New Suspect: James Savage; Profiles updated: Thomas has a dog, James has a dog)
- Talk to James Savage. (Prerequisite: Glove analyzed)
- Talk to Elizabeth Hopkins. (Prerequisite: Town Exit investigated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Stall Shelves; Profile updated: Elizabeth collects stamps)
- Investigate Stall Shelves. (Prerequisite: Elizabeth interrogated; Clue: Box)
- Examine Box. (Result: Stamp)
- Examine Stamp. (Result: DNA)
- Analyze DNA. (00:30:00)
- Talk to Alexander Vladinsky. (Prerequisite: DNA analyzed; Profile updated: Alexander collects stamps)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Investigate Underwater. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clue: Torn Suit)
- Talk to Alexander Vladinsky. (Prerequisite: Underwater investigated; Profiles updated: Alexander has a dog, Elizabeth has a dog)
- Talk to Thomas Benson. (Prerequisite: Alexander interrogated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Dilapidated Road; Profile updated: Thomas collects stamps)
- Investigate Dilapidated Road. (Clue: Broken Medal)
- Examine Broken Medal. (Result: Medal)
- Examine Medal. (Result: Skin Cells)
- Analyze Skin Cells. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has blue eyes)
- Examine Torn Suit. (Result: Suit)
- Analyze Suit. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has a mud stain)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Ask James Savage what's wrong. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Town Exit. (Prerequisite: James interrogated; Clue: Sick Fox)
- Examine Sick Fox. (Result: Insects)
- Analyze Insects. (03:00:00)
- Ask James Savage to take care of the fox. (Prerequisite: Insects analyzed; Reward: 200 XP)
- Talk to Floyd Russel about the Creature. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Lake. (Prerequisite: Floyd interrogated; Clue: Torn Paper)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Pamphlet)
- Tell Floyd Russel you found the pamphlet. (Prerequisite: Pamphlet restored; Reward: Snorkel Gear, Lake Monster Suit)
- Check up on Thomas Benson. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Stall Shelves. (Prerequisite: Thomas interrogated; Clue: Red Suitcase)
- Examine Red Suitcase. (Result: Fairytale Book)
- Give the book to Thomas Benson. (Prerequisite: Fairytale Book found; Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime! (3 stars)
- The case's concept was most likely inspired by Creature from the Black Lagoon, a 1954 American horror film.
- This case, The Kiss of Death and The Reaper and the Geek are the only cases in Grimsborough in which the murder weapon is an action (drowning, defenestration and pushed to death).
- The collectable object named "Bear", shown in the "Victim's Stall" crime scene, heavily resembles the teddy bear featured in Ted.
- In the "Town Exit" crime scene, you can spot a gorilla, reminiscent of King Kong.