The Lake's Bride is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the twenty-seventh case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Historical Center, a district based in Grimsborough.
Upon Ramirez's report, the player and Jones went to the Grimsborough lake to collect the body of a woman named Mary Gray, who was found dead inside the trunk of a car pulled from the lake, drowned. The killer turned out to be a poet named Alexander Vladinsky.
Alexander had a mental illness and loved Mary. When Jones asked Alexander why he killed the woman he loved, Alexander replied with a strange answer. He said that love, passion and death were all similar and murder was the highest form of desire. Since Alexander had a mental illness, Judge Hall sentenced him to 30 years in jail, accompanied by a psychiatrist.
- Mary Gray (found dead in the trunk of a car pulled from the lake)
- Alexander Vladinsky
- The killer collects stamps.
- The killer has a dog.
- The killer has scratches.
- The killer has a mud stain.
- The killer has blue eyes.
- Investigate Lake. (Clues: Victim's Body, Seaweed, Torn Letters; Victim identified: Mary Gray; New Suspect: Elizabeth Hopkins)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Drowning; Attribute: The killer collects stamps)
- Talk to Elizabeth Hopkins. (Prerequisite: Lake investigated)
- Examine Seaweed. (Result: Scales; New Suspect: Floyd Russel)
- Talk to Floyd Russel. (Prerequisite: Scales found)
- Examine Torn Letters. (Result: Letters)
- Analyze Letters. (00:30:00; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Victim's Stall)
- Investigate Victim's Stall. (Prerequisite: Letters analyzed; Clue: Newspaper)
- Examine Newspaper. (Result: Classified Ad; New Suspect: Thomas Benson)
- Talk to Thomas Benson. (Prerequisite: Classified Ad unraveled)
- Examine Suspect's Description. (Prerequisite: Thomas interrogated; Result: Suspect's Profile; New Suspect: Alexander Vladinsky)
- Talk to Alexander Vladinsky. (Prerequisite: Suspect's Profile identified)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Town Exit. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Keychain, Claw, Glove)
- Examine Claw. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (00:30:00)
- Talk to Floyd Russel. (Attribute: The killer has scratches)
- Analyze Glove. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has a dog; New Suspect: James Savage; Profiles updated: Thomas has a dog, James has a dog)
- Talk to James Savage. (Prerequisite: Glove analyzed)
- Talk to Elizabeth Hopkins. (Prerequisite: Town Exit investigated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Stall Shelves; Profile updated: Elizabeth collects stamps)
- Investigate Stall Shelves. (Prerequisite: Elizabeth interrogated; Clue: Box)
- Examine Box. (Result: Stamp)
- Examine Stamp. (Result: DNA)
- Analyze DNA. (00:30:00)
- Talk to Alexander Vladinsky. (Prerequisite: DNA analyzed; Profile updated: Alexander collects stamps)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Investigate Underwater. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clue: Torn Suit)
- Talk to Alexander Vladinsky. (Prerequisite: Underwater investigated; Profiles updated: Alexander has a dog, Elizabeth has a dog)
- Talk to Thomas Benson. (Prerequisite: Alexander interrogated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Dilapidated Road; Profile updated: Thomas collects stamps)
- Investigate Dilapidated Road. (Clue: Broken Medal)
- Examine Broken Medal. (Result: Medal)
- Examine Medal. (Result: Skin Cells)
- Analyze Skin Cells. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has blue eyes)
- Examine Torn Suit. (Result: Suit)
- Analyze Suit. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has a mud stain)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Ask James Savage what's wrong. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Town Exit. (Prerequisite: James interrogated; Clue: Sick Fox)
- Examine Sick Fox. (Result: Insects)
- Analyze Insects. (03:00:00)
- Ask James Savage to take care of the fox. (Prerequisite: Insects analyzed; Reward: 200 XP)
- Talk to Floyd Russel about the Creature. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Lake. (Prerequisite: Floyd interrogated; Clue: Torn Paper)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Pamphlet)
- Tell Floyd Russel you found the pamphlet. (Prerequisite: Pamphlet restored; Reward: Snorkel Gear, Lake Monster Suit)
- Check up on Thomas Benson. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Stall Shelves. (Prerequisite: Thomas interrogated; Clue: Red Suitcase)
- Examine Red Suitcase. (Result: Fairytale Book)
- Give the book to Thomas Benson. (Prerequisite: Fairytale Book found; Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime! (3 stars)
- The case's concept was most likely inspired by Creature from the Black Lagoon, a 1954 American horror film.
- This case, The Kiss of Death and The Reaper and the Geek are the only cases in Grimsborough in which the murder weapon is an action.
- The collectable object named "Bear", shown in the "Victim's Stall" crime scene, heavily resembles the teddy bear featured in Ted.
- In the "Town Exit" crime scene, you can spot a gorilla, reminiscent of King Kong.