|The White Peaks Project|
|Initial release date||6th November 2014|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|The Hunger Planes||The End of the Night|
The White Peaks Project is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the eighty-fifth case of the game and the twenty-ninth case of Pacific Bay. It takes place in White Peaks, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Amy Young told Frank Knight and the player that she was worried for her friend, Virginia Watchbird, who did not show up when they were supposed to meet. Frank told Amy to rest while he and the player went to the deep woods to find Virginia for her. Frank and the player then found her impaled with tree branches. Her body was sent to Roxie Sparks for autopsy.
Despite Frank and the player's efforts, Amy ended up knowing about the murder when Roxie told her about it. Things got worse as Miriam Young, Amy's mother, became a suspect. Miriam was shown to be possessive of her daughter. Despite this, she turned up innocent when Frank and the player found film producer Lola Dickinson guilty of the murder.
Lola said that she needed Virginia alive to finish the documentary. Frank told Lola of all the evidence pointing to Lola, including Virginia's pocket knife which the victim used to stab Lola. Lola admitted to killing Virginia but said that it was just an accident.
Lola said that people did not want the historical information that Virginia intended to add in the documentary. When she said this to Virginia, the victim always got angry. Lola followed Virginia as if she was the Night Walker to scare her in order to make the documentary more intense and sensational. When Lola revealed herself, Virginia stabbed her out of fear and instinct with a pocket knife. Lola defended herself by shoving Virginia away but the force ended up impaling her with the tree branches. Frank said that even though the murder was an accident, Lola had still left Virginia to die and lied to the police. The player then shipped her to trial.
Lola told Judge Dante that when she killed her, she immortalized Virginia by adding her to the Night Walker legend. Judge Dante was disgusted since he believed Virginia had a lot of opportunities to immortalize herself ahead of her so he gave Lola a 25-year jail sentence.
After the trial, Duncan Young said that Amy ran away after she argued with her mother. Frank and the player found Amy with Allen Muir, who was keeping her safe. Meanwhile, Chief Marquez required the team to talk to Roberto Vasquez who claimed that he was attacked. Frank and the player found Roberto's camera that suggested that he might have been attacked by the Night Walker. Frank said that the team needed to put an end to the Night Walker once and for all.
- Virginia Watchbird (found impaled on a tree in the woods)
- Tree Branches
- Lola Dickinson
- The killer eats pumpkin soup.
- The killer wears a pom-pom.
- The killer takes sleeping pills.
- The killer has green eyes.
- The killer's blood type is AB-.
- Investigate Deep Woods. (Clues: Victim's Body, Broken Camera, Business Card, Bloody Branch; Victim identified: Virginia Watchbird)
- Examine Bloody Branch. (Result: Fibers)
- Analyze Fibers. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a pom-pom)
- Examine Broken Camera. (Result: Video Camera)
- Analyze Video Camera. (00:05:00; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Distillery)
- Investigate Distillery. (Prerequisite: Video Camera analyzed; Clues: Moonshine Bottle, Broken VHS Tape)
- Examine Moonshine Bottle. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Charlie Watchbird)
- Talk to Charlie Watchbird about Virginia. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed)
- Examine Broken VHS Tape. (Result: Virginia's Documentary; New Suspect: Lola Dickinson)
- Ask Lola Dickinson about Virginia's Documentary. (Prerequisite: Virginia's Documentary restored)
- Examine Business Card. (Result: Roberto's Business Card; New Suspect: Roberto Vasquez)
- Ask Roberto Vasquez about his business card. (Prerequisite: Business Card unraveled)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats pumpkin soup; Murder Weapon registered: Tree Branches)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Derelict Cabin. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Old Journal, Old Box)
- Examine Old Journal. (Result: Stained Notebook)
- Analyze Stained Notebook. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer takes sleeping pills)
- Examine Old Box. (Result: Behind the Scenes #2)
- Analyze Behind the Scenes #2. (15:00:00; New Suspect: Allen Muir)
- Talk to Allen Muir about Virginia's documentary. (Prerequisite: Behind the Scenes #2 analyzed; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Editing Table)
- Investigate Editing Table. (Prerequisite: Allen interrogated; Clues: Distillery Equipment, Locked Phone, Letter)
- Examine Distillery Equipment. (Result: Behind the Scenes #3)
- Ask Charlie about his threats towards Virginia. (Prerequisite: Behind the Scenes #3 found; Profile updated: Charlie eats pumpkin soup)
- Examine Letter. (Result: Mrs. Young's Letter; New Suspect: Miriam Young)
- Ask Miriam Young about the letter she wrote to Virginia. (Prerequisite: Mrs. Young's Letter unraveled)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Unlocked Phone)
- Analyze Unlocked Phone. (09:00:00)
- Talk to Lola about her message to Virginia. (Prerequisite: Phone analyzed; Profile updated: Lola eats pumpkin soup)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Night Walker's Room. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: The Night Walker's Lair, Torn Fabric, Bracelet)
- Analyze The Night Walker's Lair. (12:00:00)
- Talk to Roberto about the Night Walker's Cabin. (Prerequisite: The Night Walker's Lair analyzed; Profile updated: Roberto eats pumpkin soup)
- Examine Torn Fabric. (Result: Doll)
- Ask Allen about his doll of the victim. (Prerequisite: Doll restored; Profile updated: Allen eats pumpkin soup)
- Examine Bracelet. (Result: Mrs. Young's Bracelet)
- Ask Miriam about her presence in the Night Walker's Cabin. (Prerequisite: Mrs. Young's Bracelet unraveled; Profile updated: Miriam eats pumpkin soup and takes sleeping pills)
- Profiles updated: Lola takes sleeping pills, Charlie takes sleeping pills, Roberto takes sleeping pills (All tasks before must be completed)
- Investigate Tangled Roots. (Clues: Handkerchief, Knife)
- Examine Handkerchief. (Result: Hair)
- Analyze Hair. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has green eyes)
- Examine Knife. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer's blood type is AB-)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Check up on Roberto Vasquez. (Available after unlocking the Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Derelict Cabin. (Prerequisite: Roberto interrogated; Clue: Pile of Dirt)
- Examine Pile of Dirt. (Result: Roberto's Camera)
- Analyze Roberto's Camera. (06:00:00)
- Show Roberto the footage from his broken camera. (Prerequisite: Roberto's Camera analyzed; Reward: Night Walker Mask)
- Talk to Miriam Young about her fight with her daughter. (Available after unlocking the Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Deep Woods. (Prerequisite: Miriam interrogated; Clue: Torn Picture)
- Examine Torn Picture. (Result: Amy's Picture)
- Investigate Tangled Roots. (Prerequisite: Amy's Picture restored; Clue: Amy's Badge)
- Examine Amy's Badge. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (09:00:00)
- Question Allen Muir about Amy's whereabouts. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Talk to Miriam Young about her attitude towards Amy. (Prerequisite: Allen interrogated; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case's title and concept are strongly based on the 1999 American found footage horror film The Blair Witch Project. The fact that the case's concept has been inspired by the aforementioned film could be evidenced by the following:
- The film relates the story of three student filmmakers who disappeared in the woods while shooting a documentary. Similarly, this case relates the story of a young filmmaker who was murdered in the woods, also while shooting a documentary.
- In the film, the student filmmakers' footage was found a year later. Comparably, in this case, the young filmmaker's footage was found by the police moments after initiating the investigation of her murder.
- In the film's footage, the student filmmakers set out to produce a documentary about the fabled Blair Witch. Very similarly, in this case's footage, the young filmmaker sets out to produce a documentary about the origins of a masked creature named the Night Walker.
- This is one of the cases in which Amy and Frank interact with each other.
- When examining Lola's phone during the events of Chapter 2, you can notice that the mobile brand's name reads "BlackBear"—which is an obvious parody of BlackBerry.
- In the "Distillery" crime scene: