|The Wollcrafts' Creature|
|Initial release date||7th June 2013|
|Partner(s)||David Jones (All Chapters)|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|No Smoke Without Fire||Dog Eat Dog|
The Wollcrafts' Creature is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the thirtieth case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Historical Center, a district based in Grimsborough.
The victim was a guide of the Grimsborough Museum and an animal rights activist named Claire Godwin, who died after being electrocuted at the Wollcrafts' garage laboratory. The killer turned out to be the victim's boyfriend, Percy Wollcraft.
When her dog, Elphaba, died, Fran Wollcraft (Percy's mother) was heartbroken since they had trained very hard for the annual Dog Pageant competition. Fran's husband, Victor Wollcraft, a respected scientist, could not watch his wife in such a state, so he dug up old theories on reanimation and decided to give it a shot. He tried to reconstruct Elphaba by using stolen bones and other cadavers' body parts.
Claire discovered about this and, as an animal rights activist, she found it disgusting and wrong, and threatened Percy that she would report the Wollcrafts' criminal endeavors to the police. Percy could not allow this to happen to his parents, and decided to kill Claire. He connected the victim into one of his father's experimental machines and then turned it on. The machine could not sustain the voltage and overheated, electrocuting Claire, who instantly died after being fried alive.
Judge Hall made it clear that she would discuss the Wollcrafts' offenses some other day. Percy was sentenced to 30 years in jail.
- Claire Godwin (found electrocuted in the Wollcrafts' garage)
- Experimental Machine
- Percy Wollcraft
- The killer has burned skin.
- The killer has knowledge in engineering.
- The killer speaks German.
- The killer has brown eyes.
- The killer is 6'0".
- Investigate Garage Laboratory. (Clues: Victim's Body, Electrical Machine; Murder Weapon registered: Experimental Machine; New Suspect: Victor Wollcraft)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer has burned skin)
- Talk to Victor Wollcraft. (Prerequisite: Garage Laboratory investigated)
- Examine Research Notes. (Prerequisite: Victor interrogated; Result: Day Three; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Dog Parcel)
- Investigate Dog Parcel. (Prerequisite: Day Three unraveled; Clue: Grave; New Suspect: Ivan Imlay)
- Talk to Ivan Imlay. (Prerequisite: Dog Parcel investigated; New Suspect: Fran Wollcraft)
- Talk to Fran Wollcraft. (Prerequisite: Ivan interrogated;
- Examine Grave. (Result: Coffin)
- Examine Coffin. (Result: Empty Coffin)
- Examine Electrical Machine. (Result: Murder Weapon)
- Analyze Murder Weapon. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has knowledge in engineering)
- Autopsy Dog Corpse. (03:00:00; All tasks before must be done first)
- Go to Chapter 2. (2 stars)
- Victim identified: Claire Godwin
- Investigate Exhibition Hall. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Pile of Bones; New Suspect: Percy Wollcraft)
- Talk to Percy Wollcraft. (Prerequisite: Exhibition Hall investigated; Profile updated: Percy has knowledge in engineering)
- Examine Victim's Handbag. (Prerequisite: Percy interrogated; Result: Day Seven)
- Investigate Operation Table. (Clue: Diploma)
- Talk to Fran Wollcraft. (Prerequisite: Operation Table investigated)
- Talk to Victor Wollcraft. (Prerequisite: Fran interrogated; Profile updated: Victor has burned skin)
- Examine Diploma. (Result: Victor and Fran's Engineer Diploma; Profiles updated: Victor has knowledge in engineering, Fran has knowledge in engineering)
- Examine Pile of Bones. (Result: Skeleton; New Suspect: Constance Bell)
- Talk to Constance Bell. (Prerequisite: Skeleton restored)
- Analyze Anonymous Letter. (06:00:00; Prerequisite: Constance interrogated; Attribute: The killer speaks German)
- Profiles updated: Victor speaks German, Fran has burned skin and speaks German, Percy has burned skin (All tasks before must be done first)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Investigate Mammoth Skeleton. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clue: Claire's Locker)
- Talk to Constance Bell. (Prerequisite: Mammoth Skeleton investigated; Profile updated: Constance speaks German)
- Talk to Percy Wollcraft. (Prerequisite: Constance interrogated; Profile updated: Percy speaks German)
- Examine Claire's Locker. (Result: Torn Photograph)
- Examine Torn Photograph. (Result: Wollcraft's Garage)
- Investigate Graves. (All tasks before must be done first; Clue: Bloody Bark)
- Talk to Ivan Imlay. (Prerequisite: Graves investigated; Profile updated: Ivan has knowledge in engineering)
- Examine Camera. (Prerequisite: Ivan interrogated; Result: Claire's Camera)
- Analyze Camera. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer has brown eyes)
- Examine Bloody Bark. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer is 6'0")
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Ask Victor Wollcraft's permission to inspect his machines. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Garage Laboratory. (Prerequisite: Victor interrogated; Clue: Weird Machine)
- Examine Weird Machine. (Result: Activated Machine)
- Analyze Activated Machine. (03:00:00)
- Give the burger machine back to Victor Wollcraft. (Prerequisite: Activated Machine analyzed; Reward: 3 Burgers)
- Help Constance Bell with her problem. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Exhibition Hall. (Prerequisite: Constance interrogated; Clue: Animal Prints)
- Examine Animal Prints. (Result: Dodo's Prints)
- Tell Constance about the dodo's prints. (Prerequisite: Dodo's Prints identified; Reward: 15,000 Coins)
- Talk to Ivan Imlay about the cemetery. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Dog Parcel. (Prerequisite: Ivan interrogated; Clue: Broken Statue)
- Examine Broken Statue. (Result: Dog Sculpture)
- Give the restored sculpture to Ivan Imlay. (Prerequisite: Dog Sculpture restored; Reward: Skeleton Outfit, Skeleton Makeup)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case's plot is based on the 2012 film Frankenweenie.
- The video Jones is watching in the opening cut-scene of this case is a reference to Charlie Bit My Finger, a 2007 Internet viral video famous for formerly being the most viewed YouTube video of all time.
- This case and The Summoning are the only cases in the Historical Center in which none of the suspects of Dog Eat Dog make an appearance. Curiously enough, Constance Bell appears as a suspect in both.
- This is the only case in which the player is rewarded more than one burger in the Additional Investigation.
- In the "Graves" crime scene, Grumpy Cat can be seen.