|Initial release date||2nd April 2015|
|Partner(s)||Frank Knight (All Chapters)|
Hannah Choi (Into the Future 2)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Smart Money||Blood in the Blender|
Uncivil Rights is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the one-hundred third case of the game and the forty-seventh case of Pacific Bay. It is the second case to take place in Innovation Valley, a district based in Pacific Bay.
Frank Knight had fears that robots would take over the world one day, and the player's previous investigation with Amy Young ending in a robot's arrest only confirmed his fears. Hannah Choi informed Frank and the player about Innovation Valley Mayor Annette Arbor being re-elected in which she opted to enact a law which gives robots equal rights to the level of humans, which Chief Marquez confirmed. This would mean that robots would be taking humans out of employment soon.
Ordered to patrol the Android Graveyard, Frank and the player went there only to find Mayor Arbor turned into a cube by a car crusher. The body was sent to Roxie Sparks for autopsy to launch another murder investigation which led them to Mayor Arbor's office and even the Anti-Robot League office, where anti-robot unrest took place. In spite of unrest stirred by the Anti-Robot League, the player gathered enough evidence to arrest an unemployed mechanic named Larry Newark for compacting the mayor to death.
Mayor Arbor promised Larry a job to bail him out of unemployment, but her procrastination angered the mechanic, whose situation was getting worse off by the minute. At first trying to defend himself, he confessed that he killed Mayor Arbor. He hated the fact that Mayor Arbor planned to have robots become citizens, as the Robot Act would only force humans out of the job and to allow robots the benefit of a doubt. Larry joined the Anti-Robot League to plead with Mayor Arbor to stand down on her pro-robot endeavor politically but the ARL did practically nothing. He had to do something to ensure Mayor Arbor was not ruining the human lives: Larry grabbed a robotic arm, knocked Mayor Arbor down with it, fed the Mayor to the car crusher, and allowed the compactor to do the fatal job. Frank was sick and disgusted about Larry's choice of bloodshed, so the player shipped the unemployed mechanic to trial.
Judge Dante was curious to hear why Larry killed Annette, in which he proclaimed that humans could not kill other humans as all humans have reason. Judge Dante did not want to talk anymore, so originally he sentenced Larry to 25 years in prison, but increased it to 40 years at Larry's request upon hearing of the free job and free employment in prison.
Hours following the indictment, Colbie Arbor asked the team why they were against the revolution against robots, and she stated that Meteor Systems was planning to replace the whole population of Innovation Valley. Frank grilled his ex-wife Karen Knight about Meteor Systems' slew of robots, harboring fears that those robots from Meteor Systems would dominate Innovation Valley one day.
- Annette Arbor (turned into a cube by a car crusher)
- Car Crusher
- Larry Newark
- The killer is a gambler.
- The killer knows mechanics.
- The killer has a handkerchief.
- The killer has an oil stain.
- The killer is male.
- Investigate Scrapyard. (Clues: Victim's Body, Torn Poster, Locked Control Panel; Murder Weapon registered: Car Crusher)
- Examine Locked Control Panel.
- Analyze Control Panel. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer knows Mechanics)
- Examine Torn Poster. (New Suspect: Howard Boehner)
- Ask Howard Boehner about his political connections with the victim. (Available after examining the Torn Poster)
- Investigate Mayor's Office. (Prerequisite: Talk to Howard; Clues: Torn Photo, Faded Medal)
- Examine Torn Photo.
- Examine Unknown Girl. (Prerequisite: Torn Photo restored; New Suspect: Colbie Arbor)
- Talk to Colbie Arbor about her mother's death. (Prerequisite: Unknown Girl Identified)
- Examine Faded Medal. (Result: Award Medal)
- Analyze Award Medal. (09:00:00; New Suspect: Sunny)
- Ask Sunny about the medal the victim gave to him. (Prerequisite: Medal analysed)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer is a Gambler)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate ARL Headquarters. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Wooden Crate, Faded Article, Broken Sign)
- Examine Faded Article. (Result: Newspaper Headline)
- Ask Boehner about his hostility towards the victim. (Available after examining the Faded Article)
- Examine Wooden Crate. (Result: Robotic Arm)
- Analyze Robotic Arm (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a handkerchief)
- Examine Broken Sign. (Result: Protest Sign)
- Analyze Protest Sign. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Larry Newark)
- Talk to Larry Newark about his protest sign. (Available after analyzing the Protest Sign)
- Investigate Mayor's Desk. (Prerequisite: Larry interrogated; Clues: Business Card, Security File)
- Examine Security File.
- Find out why Sunny was considered a security risk. (Available after examining the Security File)
- Examine Business Card. (Result: Substance)
- Analyze Substance. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Karen Knight)
- Talk to Karen Knight about her relationship with the victim. (Prerequisite: Substance analysed)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Confront Colbie about her speech on TV. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3)
- Investigate Activist's Desk. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Framed Picture, Trash Can)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Faded Memo)
- Examine Faded Memo. (Result: Memo to Karen)
- Question Karen about her orders to deal with the victim. (Prerequisite: Faded Memo examined)
- Examine Locked Device. (Result: Spying Device)
- Analyze Spying Device. (09:00:00)
- Question Larry about his spying device. (Available after analyzing the Spying Device)
- Investigate Scrap Pile. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Broken Device, Crate)
- Examine Broken Device. (Result: Security Camera)
- Analyze Security Camera. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer is a man)
- Examine Crate. (Result: Key)
- Analyze Key. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has an oil stain)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Into The Future: Part 2. (No stars)
Into The Future: Part 2
- Ask Sunny what's wrong. (Available after unlocking Into The Future)
- Investigate ARL Headquarters. (Available after unlocking Into The Future; Clue: Faded Diary)
- Examine Faded Diary. (Result: Diary)
- Analyze Diary. (06:00:00)
- Talk to Colbie about her hatred for robots. (Available after analyzing the Diary; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Scrapyard. (Prerequisite: Sunny interrogated; Clue: Locked Box)
- Examine Locked Box. (Result: Open Box)
- Examine Open Box. (Result: Boot Plant)
- Give Sunny his plant back. (Available after examining the Open Box; Reward: Robot Beanie)
- Investigate Mayor's Office. (Prerequisite: Colbie interrogated; Clue: Torn Paper)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Contract)
- Analyze Contract. (06:00:00)
- Question Karen about the Contract. (Available after analyzing the Contract; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case's Chapter 2 cover picture resembles the famous French painting Liberty Leading the People by Eugène Delacroix.
- Sunny's plant friend looks like WALL-E's boot plant.
- In the "Mayor's Office" crime scene, David Jones, The Announcer, Clifford Grady, and Tiffany Neng can be seen on the TV screen.
- This is one of the several cases in which more than one suspect gets arrested.