|Under the Knife|
|Release date||Game's Launch|
|Preceded by||Burned to the Bone|
|Succeeded by||Into the Vipers' Nest|
Under the Knife (Case #10) is the tenth case of the game.
Paul loved a woman named Samantha Warner and wanted to protect her. When he found out that Alan had an affair with Samantha, he couldn't bear it. As a result, Paul stabbed Alan with a candlestick and left the victim to die in an alley.
- Alan Cardwell (stabbed in the stomach and left to die in an alley)
- Paul Oaster
- The killer wears glasses.
- The killer drinks coffee.
- The killer plays golf.
- The killer is right-handed.
- The killer is a man.
- Investigate Backstreet. (Clues: Victim's Body, Passport, Wallet Contents)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Photograph)
- Examine Photograph. (Result: Substance)
- Analyze Substance. (03:00:00)
- Talk to the singer from the photo found in the victim's's throat.
- Examine Wallet Contents. (Result: Business Card)
- Investigate Barber Shop. (Clue: Trashcan)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Barber's Schedule)
- Question Joshua Kempe about the victim who was his client.
- Question Curtis Newman about his heated argument with the victim.
- Analyze Passport. (00:30:00)
- Go speak to the victim's wife Sarah Cardwell.
- Examine Anonymous Paper. (Result: Unknown Substance)
- Analyze Unknown Substance. (03:00:00)
- Go to Chapter 2. (2 stars)
- Investigate Garbage Bin. (Clue: Broken Tip)
- Analyze Broken Tip. (06:00:00)
- Samantha Warner said Paul Oaster was the only one capable of killing for her.
- Question Samantha Warner about her affair with the victim.
- Talk to Curtis about his affair with Samantha Warner.
- Investigate Pew. (Clue: Candlestick)
- Analyze Candlestick. (03:00:00)
- Investigate Barber's Seat. (Clue: Briefcase)
- Examine Briefcase. (Result: Leaflet)
- Analyze Leaflet. (03:00:00)
- Go talk to Sarah about her murdered husband's life insurance.
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Question Joshua about loitering near the crime scene.
- Talk to Samantha Warner about living near the crime scene.
- Investigate Altar. (Clue: Camera)
- Analyze Camera. (06:00:00)
- Question Paul Oaster about the night of the murder.
- Arrest the killer.
- Go to Additional Investigation. (2 stars)
- See how Samantha Warner is doing.
- Investigate pew. (Clue: Broken Rosary)
- Examine Broken Rosary. (Result: Rosary)
- Give her Rosary back to Samantha. (Reward: 50 XP)
- See what the problem is with Joshua Kempe.
- Investigate Barber Shop. (Clue: Hair Pile)
- Examine Hair Pile. (Result: Scissors)
- Analyze Scissors. (03:00:00)
- Break up the fight and talk to Joshua Kempe. (Reward: Fashion Hairstyle)
- Sarah Cardwell wants to talk to you.
- Investigate Backstreet. (Clue: Ring)
- Examine Ring. (Result: Wedding Date)
- Give her ring back to Sarah Cardwell. (Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Next Case. (3 stars)
- This case is one of the many cases in which Chief Samuel King doesn't make an appearance at the beginning.