Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Under the Knife|
|Released||15th November 2012 (game's launch)|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Burned to the Bone||Into the Vipers' Nest|
Under the Knife is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the tenth case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Industrial Area, a district based in Grimsborough.
Paul fell in love with a singer named Samantha Warner and would do anything to protect her. Paul could not bear it when it came to his attention that Alan had an affair with Samantha – though the surgeon was already married. In retaliation the writer cornered Alan in Alberta Alley, before stabbing him with a candlestick and fleeing the scene. For his actions, Paul was sentenced to life in jail.
- Alan Cardwell (stabbed in the stomach and left to die in an alley)
- Paul Oaster
- The killer wears glasses.
- The killer drinks coffee.
- The killer plays golf.
- The killer is right-handed.
- The killer is a man.
- Investigate Backstreet. (Clues: Victim's Body, Passport, Wallet Contents; Victim identified: Alan Cardwell)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears glasses)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Prerequisite: Victim's Body autopsied; Result: Photograph; New Suspect: Samantha Warner)
- Examine Photograph. (Result: Substance)
- Analyze Substance. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer plays golf)
- Talk to the singer from the photo found in the victim's's throat. (Prerequisite: Photograph restored)
- Examine Wallet Contents. (Result: Business Card; New Crime Scene: Barber Shop)
- Investigate Barber Shop. (Prerequisite: Business Card found; Clue: Trash Can)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Barber's Schedule; New Suspect: Joshua Kempe)
- Question Joshua Kempe about the victim who was his client. (Prerequisite: Barber's Schedule found; New Suspect: Curtis Newman)
- Question Curtis Newman about his heated argument with the victim. (Prerequisite: Joshua interrogated; Profile updated: Curtis plays golf)
- Analyze Passport. (00:30:00; New Suspect: Sarah Cardwell)
- Go speak to the victim's wife Sarah Cardwell. (Prerequisite: Passport analyzed)
- Examine Anonymous Paper. (Prerequisite: Sarah interrogated; Result: Unknown Substance)
- Analyze Unknown Substance. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks coffee)
- Go to Chapter 2. (2 stars)
- Investigate Garbage Bin. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Broken Tip)
- Analyze Broken Tip. (06:00:00; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Pew; New Suspect: Paul Oaster)
- Samantha Warner said Paul Oaster was the only one capable of killing for her. (Prerequisite: Broken Tip analyzed; Profile updated: Paul drinks coffee)
- Question Samantha Warner about her affair with the victim. (Prerequisite: Paul interrogated)
- Talk to Curtis about his affair with Samantha Warner. (Prerequisite: Samantha interrogated; Profile updated: Curtis drinks coffee)
- Investigate Pew. (Prerequisite: Broken Tip analyzed; Clue: Candlestick)
- Analyze Candlestick. (03:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Candlestick)
- Investigate Barber's Seat. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Briefcase)
- Examine Briefcase. (Result: Leaflet)
- Analyze Leaflet. (03:00:00)
- Go talk to Sarah about her murdered husband's life insurance. (Prerequisite: Leaflet analyzed)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Profile updated: Samantha drinks coffee
- Question Joshua about loitering near the crime scene. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Profile updated: Joshua drinks coffee)
- Talk to Samantha Warner about living near the crime scene. (Prerequisite: Joshua interrogated; Profile updated: Samantha plays golf)
- Investigate Altar. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clue: Camera)
- Analyze Camera. (06:00:00; Attributes: The killer is right-handed and is a man; Profile updated: Curtis is left-handed)
- Question Paul Oaster about the night of the murder. (Prerequisite: Camera analyzed; Profile updated: Paul is right-handed and plays golf)
- Profiles updated: Sarah is right-handed, Joshua is right-handed, Samantha is right-handed (All tasks before must be completed)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (2 stars)
- See how Samantha Warner is doing. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate pew. (Prerequisite: Samantha interrogated; Clue: Broken Rosary)
- Examine Broken Rosary. (Result: Rosary)
- Give her Rosary back to Samantha. (Prerequisite: Rosary restored; Reward: 50 XP)
- See what the problem is with Joshua Kempe. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Barber Shop. (Prerequisite: Joshua interrogated; Clue: Hair Pile)
- Examine Hair Pile. (Result: Scissors)
- Analyze Scissors. (03:00:00)
- Break up the fight and talk to Joshua Kempe. (Prerequisite: Scissors analyzed; Reward: Fashion Hairstyle)
- Sarah Cardwell wants to talk to you. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Backstreet. (Prerequisite: Sarah interrogated; Clue: Ring)
- Examine Ring. (Result: Wedding Date)
- Give her ring back to Sarah Cardwell. (Prerequisite: Wedding Date deciphered; Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime! (3 stars)
- Rachel Priest can be seen on a TV screen in the "Barbershop" crime scene.
- In the "Pew" crime scene, you can spot: