|Under the Knife|
|Initial release date||15th November 2012|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Burned to the Bone||Into the Vipers' Nest|
Under the Knife is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the tenth case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Industrial Area, a district based in Grimsborough.
After Jones tricked Paul into confessing the murder, Paul said that he fell in love with a singer named Samantha Warner and would do anything to protect her. Paul could not bear it when it came to his attention that Alan had an affair with Samantha—though the surgeon was already married. In retaliation, the writer cornered Alan in Alberta Alley before stabbing him with a candlestick and fleeing the scene. For his actions, Paul was sentenced to life in jail.
- Alan Cardwell (stabbed in the stomach and left to die in an alley)
- Paul Oaster
- The killer wears glasses.
- The killer drinks coffee.
- The killer plays golf.
- The killer is right-handed.
- The killer is a man.
- Investigate Backstreet. (Clues: Victim's Body, Passport, Wallet Contents; Victim identified: Alan Cardwell)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears glasses)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Prerequisite: Victim's Body autopsied; Result: Photograph; New Suspect: Samantha Warner)
- Examine Photograph. (Result: Substance)
- Analyze Substance. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer plays golf)
- Talk to the singer from the photo found in the victim's's throat. (Prerequisite: Photograph restored)
- Examine Wallet Contents. (Result: Business Card; New Crime Scene: Barber Shop)
- Investigate Barber Shop. (Prerequisite: Business Card found; Clue: Trash Can)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Barber's Schedule; New Suspect: Joshua Kempe)
- Question Joshua Kempe about the victim who was his client. (Prerequisite: Barber's Schedule found; New Suspect: Curtis Newman)
- Question Curtis Newman about his heated argument with the victim. (Prerequisite: Joshua interrogated; Profile updated: Curtis plays golf)
- Analyze Passport. (00:30:00; New Suspect: Sarah Cardwell)
- Go speak to the victim's wife Sarah Cardwell. (Prerequisite: Passport analyzed)
- Examine Anonymous Paper. (Prerequisite: Sarah interrogated; Result: Unknown Substance)
- Analyze Unknown Substance. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks coffee)
- Go to Chapter 2. (2 stars)
- Investigate Garbage Bin. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Broken Tip)
- Analyze Broken Tip. (06:00:00; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Pew; New Suspect: Paul Oaster)
- Samantha Warner said Paul Oaster was the only one capable of killing for her. (Prerequisite: Broken Tip analyzed; Profile updated: Paul drinks coffee)
- Question Samantha Warner about her affair with the victim. (Prerequisite: Paul interrogated)
- Talk to Curtis about his affair with Samantha Warner. (Prerequisite: Samantha interrogated; Profile updated: Curtis drinks coffee)
- Investigate Pew. (Prerequisite: Broken Tip analyzed; Clue: Candlestick)
- Analyze Candlestick. (03:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Candlestick)
- Investigate Barber's Seat. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Briefcase)
- Examine Briefcase. (Result: Leaflet)
- Analyze Leaflet. (03:00:00)
- Go talk to Sarah about her murdered husband's life insurance. (Prerequisite: Leaflet analyzed)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Profile updated: Samantha drinks coffee
- Question Joshua about loitering near the crime scene. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Profile updated: Joshua drinks coffee)
- Talk to Samantha Warner about living near the crime scene. (Prerequisite: Joshua interrogated; Profile updated: Samantha plays golf)
- Investigate Altar. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clue: Camera)
- Analyze Camera. (06:00:00; Attributes: The killer is right-handed and is a man; Profile updated: Curtis is left-handed)
- Question Paul Oaster about the night of the murder. (Prerequisite: Camera analyzed; Profile updated: Paul is right-handed and plays golf)
- Profiles updated: Sarah is right-handed, Joshua is right-handed, Samantha is right-handed (All tasks before must be completed)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (2 stars)
- See how Samantha Warner is doing. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Pew. (Prerequisite: Samantha interrogated; Clue: Broken Rosary)
- Examine Broken Rosary. (Result: Rosary)
- Give her rosary back to Samantha. (Prerequisite: Rosary restored; Reward: 50 XP)
- See what the problem is with Joshua Kempe. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Barber Shop. (Prerequisite: Joshua interrogated; Clue: Hair Pile)
- Examine Hair Pile. (Result: Scissors)
- Analyze Scissors. (03:00:00)
- Break up the fight and talk to Joshua Kempe. (Prerequisite: Scissors analyzed; Reward: Fashion Hairstyle)
- Sarah Cardwell wants to talk to you. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Backstreet. (Prerequisite: Sarah interrogated; Clue: Ring)
- Examine Ring. (Result: Wedding Date)
- Give her ring back to Sarah Cardwell. (Prerequisite: Wedding Date deciphered; Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime! (3 stars)
- Rachel Priest can be seen on a TV screen in the "Barbershop" crime scene.
- In the "Pew" crime scene, you can find: